At least he got his revenge before he died...Revenge; a human emotion. That
would make him 'smarter than the average bear'...lol

Keith Johnson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:  Funny!

-----Original Message-----
From: scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Martin Pratt
Sent: Saturday, December 03, 2005 18:32
To: scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [scifinoir2] OT: Black Bear Bites Pa. Hunter Who Shot It

For shame, Yogi. The Ranger told you to stick to pica-nick baskets...

Keith Johnson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:  Damn bear! How dare it
bite a poor, innocent hunter trying to have some
fun in the world? All he did was shoot the creature, and it had the
temerity to bite the man before dying??  Man, when that bear grabbed
hold of him, I bet Beauchamp yelped louder than the bear did when it was
shot!

Black Bear Bites Pa. Hunter Who Shot It
By MARK SCOLFORO
Associated Press Writer

HARRISBURG, Pa. - A black bear bit and clawed a hunter who had just shot
it four times in what game authorities said appeared to be a first for
the state. Samuel H. Beauchamp, 47, said he was approaching the downed
320-pound bear in Rothrock State Forest in central Pennsylvania on
Monday, the first day of bear-hunting season, when it came after him.
Beauchamp, of Newville, had just shot the bear with a .444-caliber rifle
and was within 15 feet of it. He turned to run, but the bear put a claw
around his hip and bit him twice, once in each thigh, before dying. "The
bear wasn't attacking 100 percent. I mean really, it was dead on its
feet when it came up. If it would have been 100 percent I wouldn't have
been standing there," Beauchamp said Friday.

Other hunters nearby heard a growl and came to Beauchamp's aid.

"It was shock at first. It's like he came alive, like 'boom.' I guess he
growled, like the other people heard. That motivated me to turn around
and start running away," he said. Game commission bear biologist Mark
Ternent said the attack was the first case known to state officials in
which a bear had attacked a hunter who had just shot it and was
attempting to recover it. Beauchamp was released from the hospital after
about two hours of treatment. One bite went down to the bone.

"I didn't feel any pain after it happened," he said Friday. "I'm a
little sore now."

        Science fiction and fantasy   Music genres   Genre magazine

"Excuse me while I whip this out."
                    Cleavon Little , "Blazing Saddles"

  _____

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

*      Visit your group "scifinoir2
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/scifinoir2> " on the web.

*      To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

*      Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of

  _____

        Science fiction and fantasy   Music genres   Genre magazine

http://us.click.yahoo.com/7zgKlB/dnQLAA/Zx0JAA/LRMolB/TM