Thanks you so very much for posting this. IMHO, Adams is full of s---
. I work in the web design business and for the past 9 years, EVERY
client I've had ALWAYS reviews web site copy BEFORE it is published
online. And, the client company's legal department also reviews all
copy before publishing.

"If it offended" anyone? Talk about a non-apology! Insincere, too.

My sense, this was intentional and not the web designer's fault. As
somebody once said, "Don't piss in my face and tell me it's raining."

George
Captain
The USS Ronald E. McNair (Boston)

--- In scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com, "brent wodehouse"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> http://www.sltrib.com/ci_3271357#2005
> Utah developer pulls racial data from site
>
> A selling point? Eagle Mountain was touted as having a
> lower percentage of blacks than the rest of the state
>
> By Matt Canham
> The Salt Lake Tribune
>
> Eagle Mountain is a burgeoning Utah County community, full of young
> families, new homeowners and white people.
>
> Lots and lots of white people.
>
> The racial breakdown of Eagle Mountain was listed as a selling
> point on the Web site of home builder Bigg Homes.
>
> The site also included this comparison among others: "Black race
> population percentage significantly below state average."
>
> "Significantly below" was in bold.
>
> David Adams, co-owner of Bigg Homes, removed the racial
> information from the site after being contacted by The Salt
> Lake Tribune on Thursday. "We apologize if that offended
> anybody. It wasn't our intention," he said. "Frankly, it is
> offensive to me, too."

<snip>

http://us.click.yahoo.com/WpTY2A/izNLAA/yQLSAA/LRMolB/TM