A successful induction by a destructive cult displaces a person's former
identity and replaces it with a new one. That new identity may not be one
that the person would have freely chosen under her own volition.

 -
<http://www.chapman.edu/comm/comm/faculty/thobbs/com401/socialinfluence/cult
.html> Steven Hassan

Nothing is unusual about office holders, political parties and agency
bureaucracies taking liberties with facts, when they frame their case and
sell their policies and programs. But how many people look upon this process
as one designed, not to persuade you; but to indoctrinate you into accepting
causes that are not in your own self interest. The techniques of agenda
shaping and peer pressure guiding is sophisticated and Sub-Rosa in intent.
According to Margaret Thaler Singer, "
<http://www.factnet.org/Thought_Reform_Exists.htm?FACTNet> Thought Reform is
not a mysterious process. It is the systematic application of psychological
and social influence techniques in an organized programmatic way within a
constructed and managed environments. The goal is to produce specific
attitudinal and behavioral changes. The changes occur incrementally without
its being patently visible to those undergoing the process that their
attitudes and behavior are being changed a step at a time according to the
plan of those directing the program."

The
<http://www.trinitypleasanton.org/healing/abuse_MargaretThalerSinger_article
2.htm> Six Conditions for Thought Reform are:

1) Keep the person unaware of what is going on and  how she or he is being
changed a step at a time.

2) Control the person's social and/or physical environment; especially
control the person's time.

3) Systematically create a sense of powerlessness in the person.

4) Manipulate a system of rewards, punishments and experiences in such a way
as to inhibit behavior that reflects the person's former social identity.

5) Manipulate a system of rewards, punishments, and experiences in order to
promote learning the group's ideology or belief system and group-approved
behaviors.

6) Put forth a closed system of logic and an authoritarian structure that
permits no feedback and refuses to be modified except by leadership approval
or executive order.

Since  <http://www.caic.org.au/general/singer.htm> Singer claims that
techniques to achieve power through mind control are readily comprehended,
the key inquiry is to understand the reason why the general public is so
unaware of the assault upon their thought process? The factual historic
record leads one to conclude that the limited and select group of
participants that seek and attain positions of influence, share one crucial
trait. Namely, a desire to preach their adherence to the "Will of the
People"; while they exhort democratic rule, their actions conform to
governance by the privileged few. Citing the significance of 1984 we find
the answer: "Orwell reasoned that if a government could control all media
and communication, meanwhile forcing citizens to speak in a politically-
controlled jargon, this would blunt independent thinking. If thought could
be controlled, then rebellious actions against a regime could be prevented."
Because of the nature of lust for power, moral means to achieve political
objectives becomes irrelevant; thus, the motive to conceal real intentions
from the citizens. The Sub-Rosa character of the elites is not who they are,
but the actual hidden goals they achieve with their policies and control of
the State.

Singer concludes: "Orwell's genius centered on seeing how language, not
physical force would be used to manipulate minds. In fact the growing
evidence in the behavioral sciences is that a smiling Big Brother has
greater power to influence thought and decision-making that a visibly
threatening person."

Now review the following Chart that identifies the progression from
individual education to mass control:

CHART

Education
Advertising