Jack Colvin, who is best remembered for playing newspaper reporter Jack McGee
on the television show, "The Incredible Hulk," has died, according to CNN. The
71 year-old actor passed away following a stroke.

"Jack was, in every sense of the word, a consummate artist," said his longtime
friend, actress Maaren Edvar. "He wrote, painted and read philosophy, but he
always came back to acting."

In addition to the role on "The Incredible Hulk," Colvin appeared in various
shows, including "The Rat Patrol," "Kojak," "The Six Million Dollar Man," "The
Rockford Files," "Cagney and Lacey" and "Murder, She Wrote." He also had minor
roles in several films, including "Scorpio" and "Rooster Cogburn."

"The Incredible Hulk,” which was based on the Marvel comic book series, lasted
five years on CBS, and Colvin was always skeptical about itÂ’s success.

"When they told me the title, I laughed.” he once told the Los Angeles Times.
“But then they gave me two scripts to read and I knew the series would go,"

Aside from his initial skepticism, Colvin strongly believed that part of what
made the series so popular was that people found it easy to identify with the
frustration, the rage and the anger that breaks out in a man.

The actor, who once studied under Michael Chekhov, taught the Chekhov technique
at USC; California State University, Northridge; the American Academy of
Dramatic Arts and the Central School of Cinematography in Rome.

Colvin had no immediate survivors. A memorial service is planned for January.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/7zgKlB/dnQLAA/Zx0JAA/LRMolB/TM