I think not calling her Black is a mistake as well.  Again, we fall
into the trap of being Monolythic and having little tolerance for
decenting view points or ideas when it comes to Black issues.  History
as shown that a large number of Blacks did not fall in line with the
approach of the Civil Rights movements.  King was not supported by a
large number of Blacks.

I sometimes wonder if we as blacks did have our own country within the
USA, how tolerant would we be to those Blacks that are not lock step
with the "Black Agenda". Given how we treat those Black that dont
agree with the Leftess way of thinking, I tend to believe that we
would be no different than hardline conservatives, and at the extreme
blood would be shed.  Although we are collectively a Democratic group
of people are actions and opinions, in the political arena, would
please those individuals who seek Dicatatoral type of rule. "My way or
the highway."

She is not obligated to defend the ideas of your average Black
American but neither is she concidered less Black.  You also have to
remember her parents moved somewhere in Colorado to have her study at
a music conservatory at a very young age and in that part of the
country, racism wasn't as blatent.  She was musically talented and her
parents wanted to cultivated that.  There is absolutely nothing wrong
with that.  If her family felt that dealing with the hardships of
racism is the south would not be best for her child, that was the
right thing to do.

I personally would have left the country during that time and lived in
the caribbean or some other country with less racial caos.  Many of us
did, and if I did, i'm pretty sure my anger of racism would not be as
great as those who lived through the ordeal.  Would I have been
concidered less Black.  W.E.B Dubois was not, when he chose to leave
the US and live his final days in an African country.

--- In scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com, "Keith Johnson"