I don't believe in left or right, but I do know that being shot is no
fun. 20 caliber buckshot or no, when you're second in command of the
United States, it's not much  to ask that you look before you shoot.
If nothing else, it's  good form during what is being called wartime.

Also, at  what point is it acceptable for Americans to practice this
free speech thing? Is there a schedule? Because I'm sure nobody wants
to be out of step.

A man was SHOT in the FACE by the VICE PRESIDENT. You don't think
that's worth talking about? Even for 5 minutes? You don't find it
ODD? Why does it have to be a left or right  issue?! How can you be
liberal or conservative about shooting someone in the FACE?

If this was Kobe Bryant, he'd be getting a trial date right now and
Court TV would  be commissioning theme music for the spring. But it's
not a basketball player. It's the former CEO of Halliburton, a job
that you don't get by making silly mistakes, and let's not forget,
the man is second in command of one of the biggest military forces in
the world. But somehow now we're at "oh this is more whining from the
left". This left/right nonsense has damaged people's common damned
sense. A man was shot in the FACE by an elected official. People are
right to react to this, it's part of what this Republic was founded
on. No sane person can approve  of sitting down to  dinner after
another human being has been injured to the degree that they have to
go to the hospital. Do we have to  start  administering Voight-Kampf
tests on politicians now?