Thanks for sharing this. Businesses in their rush to cut costs and
exploit the next technology tend to forget or ignore one important
factor: if the new technology presents more problems than benefits,
consumers won't use it.

Early adopters might use a new technology, but most folks won't if
the problems outweigh the benefits. Why? People buy benefits not new
technology. A good example of this in play is credit/debit cards.
Usage is down due to identity theft. So many consumers are using -
surprise - cash or legal tender instead of plastic. (That's why you
see the offers incenting consumers to use debit/credit plastic.)

Same goes for RFID plastic, too, whether or not the end-of-times
happens. I've lived for over a decade without a Mobil/Exxon speed
pass... and can happily continue to do so. Instead, Exxon should
worry about us consumers that still boycott their products due to
the Valdez spill.

George

--- In scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com, "brent wodehouse"