From: scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Said Kakese Dibinga
Sent: Thursday, March 02, 2006 23:05
To: Said
Subject: [scifinoir2] [Terrance Howard] Oscars' Star No To Song

  OSCARS' STAR NO TO SONG
  By Ryan Parry
  OSCAR hopeful Terrence Howard has refused to sing at the Academy
Awards after other black Hollywood stars urged him not to.
  Howard, up for Best Actor for his role as a drug dealer in Hustle And
Flow, was invited to sing It's Hard Out Here for a Pimp at the ceremony.

  But he pulled out after Sidney Poitier, Will Smith and Denzel
Washington warned him it could be harmful to black actors.
  Desperate Housewife Eva Longoria, a friend of Terrence, said he wanted
to but revealed: "Sidney Poitier said: 'Do not go up there and represent
the African American community singing about a pimp'."
  Howard, Poitier, Smith and Washington refused to comment.
  Rappers Three 6 Mafia will perform a toned down version of the song on
Sunday

"If you could make a difference, what would you do?"...Said Kakese
Dibinga

Science
<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Science+fiction+and+fantasy&w1=Scie
nce+fiction+and+fantasy&w2=Genre+magazine&c=2&s=53&.sig=8s5ldQicr16mMwkM
wHGybg> fiction and fantasy     Genre
<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Genre+magazine&w1=Science+fiction+a
nd+fantasy&w2=Genre+magazine&c=2&s=53&.sig=6x48yHym4cI_VD4C3GisSg>
magazine

  _____

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

*        Visit your group "scifinoir2
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/scifinoir2> " on the web.

*        To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

*        Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of

  _____