I'll do it. It's on my list of "No true fan should go without reading this"
comics, along with The Watchmen.

I'm so behind on reading comics it ain't funny. I'm currently finishing up all
the Marvel "House of M" books, which is dozens. (For those not in the know, the
Scarlet Witch freaked, and her reality-altering powers turned out to be waaaay
more powerful than was thought. First she created a new Earth where mutants
ruled. Then, pissed at her father's obssession with mutantkind, she restored
reality, but rendered 99% of all mutants human, completely eradicating their
powers *and* their mutant DNA strands in the bargain).  Then there's
Spider-Man, who died and was reborn with new powers, and who now sports a funky
(and ugly) new exosuit, courtesy of Tony Stark.

Once I finish with Marvel, I have to read DCs big event of the last few months,
"Infinite Crisis". This megastory seems to be restoring some of the realities
and timelines that the Crisis on Infinite Earths destroyed. And there's a very
important backstory about how some members of the JL have over the years used
questionable means to hide their secret identities from criminals. Add to that
the fact that Batman's paranoia 'caused him to build a nigh-omnipotent Big
Brother system to spy on his fellow heroes and guess what? It got out of his
control. To get into that one, I'm actually first reading the original Crisis.
And once I'm done with *that*, Marvel is then coming up with "Civil War", in
which it appears the MU heroes will be fighting in another big megastory.

The only way I can keep up with these crossover deals now is to just buy all
the associated books over the several months of their run and hold on to them.
Then I  read them all once the event is concluded, which may take several
weeks. It's easier to manage, I don't have to worry about missing a book, I can
more easily remember multiple plotlines and character stories if I read all the
books in a shorter time period, and best of all, when I get really excited
about seeing what comes next, I don't have to wait a month!

Oh: I'm also finishing up the latest Shannara book in the meantime. And, I like
to pretend I'm a writer now and then, so have to allocate time for that. And I
try to at least spend some quality ununiterrupted time with my wife each day.

From: Bosco Bosco <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I have read the original work repeatedly though not in a few years to
be honest. My memory of the work tells me that the movie did a good
job of keeping with the spirit of Alan Moore's original work. It's my
understanding that Moore is also pretty bitter about his relationship
with DC/Vertigo. Without commenting on that because I don't really
know anything about it, I can see why that might color his perception
of the film. The other author David Lloyd is completely cool with the
movie.

Get the graphic novel and read it. It's definitely well worth the $20
or so it's going for these days. In my mind, it's absolutely one of
the best comics ever produced.

Bosco

--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
"Glad to hear y'all's enthusiastic reviews. A question, though. Did
you or Cat read Moore's original work? I ask because as you may know,
Moore *hates* the movie treatment of "V" so much he had his name
completely removed from the film. He seems to feel his work was
simplified and Hollywoodized too much, and all the grittier and
deeper elements excised. I did hear a TV Guide reviewer say much the
same. She really liked the movie, but said it was "very good, but not
great", specifically because it was a little too tame, clean, and
simplified compared to Moore's work.

Whaddya think? Never having read it, I'm sure I'll be entertained."