--- In scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com, Martin Pratt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Informative, indeed. Wonder where this all ends? I just read an
article recently (sorry, can't remember the source) written by a man
of Moroccan descent who was born in France. He writes of being
regularly subjected to the usual profiling horrors, even detailing a
conversation he had with a policeman, who told him that he "needed to
on his way there at the time.

>   Paris.
Sounds like an incident I had on the bus.
I was heading home after shopping, got on the bus asked for a
ticket for my village and the bus driver informed me that it
might be easier for me if I took the other bus to the asielcentrum
(asylum center). I told her since I was heading for my 'home',
this 'ís' the bus I needed. She gave me the typical Dutch look, that
says, "Hey, I'm still not wrong, you are.".
This is still the country that thinks its okay to dress in 'black
face' on Dec.5 every year. Do a search on 'Zwarte Piet'and you'll see
what I mean.

Meta