Never looked at it that way...

George <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:  From the p-o-v of IDIC:

"How do we live with people who are different from
ourselves, who we are uncomfortable with; and how can
we create a society where everyone can coexist happily
and creatively and productively?"

"The particular appeal of this comic book is that it
has taken a fantasy look at what it is like to be
considered so unusual by society at large that they
are prepared to think of you as less worthy. I think
that I, Ian McKellen, being a gay man, am often
thought of as being dangerous, too unusual, too
abnormal."

"The first truly queer comic book mutant came out in
the early 1990's when Jean-Paul/Northstar of Alpha
Flight burst out of the closet."

http://www.afterelton.com/movies/2006/5/xmen.html

In many ways, the X-Men film trilogy is doing today
what Classic Trek did on TV in 1966... use a sci-fi
pretext to challenge peoples' thinking about
marginalizing and dehumanizing minority groups.

George
Captain
The USS Ronald E. McNair (Boston)

"Excuse me while I whip this out."