Does this apply to friends as well? I'd hate to put Thor down. Might have to
move soon.

g123curious <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:          And in a related news story,
Fox News reported that the spouses and
romantic interests of super heroes can no longer get health and life
insurance. Reportedly, the risk of injury or death by super villains
is so high that the spouses and girlfriends/boyfriends of super
heroes can no longer get insurance at affordable rates, if at all.

Unnamed sources report that several super heroes are considering
exiting the superhero business to take traditional office jobs,
rather than disclose their identities and incur the increased risk
to their spouses. If these rumors are true, many city police chiefs
privately fear a rise in crime, which in turn could raise insurance
rates -- and death rates -- for all citizens and business owners.

Representative Ryun (Rep - Topeka, KS) plans to introduce a bill
with special investment account rates for super heroes. "We view
super heroes as private contractors worthy of support like any small
business," said Ryun. "They should be able to invest in both
retirement accounts and in health/life insurance plans."

On Friday June 23, 2006, Wolf-Blitzer explores the economics of
crime-fighting: "who should pay, and will it finally bankrupt the
federal budget and deficit?"

--- In scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com, "Tracey de Morsella (formerly
Tracey L. Minor)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Marvel comics has come under fire from superhero fans
> for unmasking one of their stars at a fictional press
> conference. Enduring crusader Spider-Man unexpectedly
> takes off his mask in front of awaiting reporters and
> snappers at a Washington publicity call in Marvel's
> latest edition, revealing the identity he has battled
> to keep secret for 44 years. Peter Parker agrees to
> the unmasking after federal legislation requires super
> heroes register and reveal their identities in a
> crackdown inspired by the deaths of hundreds of children
> at an elementary school when a battle between heroes and
> villains spills onto their grounds. But Marvel's
> editor-in-chief Joe Quesada reassured disgruntled fans
> on Wednesday that the unprecedented move is a positive
> step for the comic adventures. He said, "It is arguably
> the most shocking event in comic book history. It can be
> very intimidating if you don't know where the story is
> going or how it ends; we do, so we're just excited about
> where it takes us and the story possibilities it offers."
> http://www.imdb.com/news/wenn/2006-06-16/

"Excuse me while I whip this out."
                    Cleavon Little , "Blazing Saddles"

http://us.click.yahoo.com/si.u7A/bOaOAA/Zx0JAA/LRMolB/TM