By the way, what were the comments Byrne made about Jessica Alba and
Christopher Reeve that upset people?

  _____

From: scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Keith Johnson
Sent: Tuesday, 14 March, 2006 16:55
To: scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [scifinoir2] John Bryne of X-Men fame uses "N" word

That's just hateful and ignorant. Especially given the context of the
conversation (thought bubbles??) it was really offensive to go so far
afield and use "nigger" as an example. That's someone who's trying to be
above the rest of us mortals and our petty concerns.  Byrne is doing
what many would-be intellectuals do: intentional chosing provocative
language that he *knows* will engender an emotional response, then sit
back in a high-minded fashion and pretend to feign ignorance of why some
people can't control their emotions. It's a cheap, exploitative,
manipulative trick that's unworthy of the readers.  People should
respond by telling him where to go, then completely stopping talking to
him.  The best way to punish the self-absorbed is to leave them all
alone with their colossal egos.