I think he's the perfect stereotype for nerds and geeks...

Keith Johnson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:          So much for the stereotypes
of "nerds" and "geeks".

_____

From: scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of brent wodehouse
Sent: Monday, 10 July, 2006 15:55
To: scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [scifinoir2] Einstein: Pimp?

http://today.
<http://today.reuters.com/News/newsArticle.aspx?type=domesticNews&storyID=20
06-07-10T141615Z_01_L10308054_RTRUKOC_0_US-ISRAEL-EINSTEIN.xml>
reuters.com/News/newsArticle.aspx?type=domesticNews&storyID=2006-07-10T14161
5Z_01_L10308054_RTRUKOC_0_US-ISRAEL-EINSTEIN.xml

New letters reveal mysteries of Einstein's love life

Mon Jul 10, 2006

By Corinne Heller

JERUSALEM (Reuters) - Albert Einstein had half a dozen girlfriends and
told his wife they showered him with "unwanted" affection, according to
letters released on Monday that shed light on his extra-marital affairs.

The wild-haired Jewish-German scientist, renowned for his theory of
relativity, spent little time at home. He lectured in Europe and in the
United States, where he died in 1955 at age 76. But Einstein wrote
hundreds of letters to his family.

Previous-released letters suggested his marriage in 1903 to his first wife
Mileva Maric, mother of his two sons, was miserable. They divorced in 1919
and he soon married his cousin, Elsa. He cheated on her with his
secretary, Betty Neumann.

In the new volume of letters released on Monday by Hebrew University in
Jerusalem, Einstein described about six women with whom he spent time with
and received gifts from while being married to Elsa.

In the early 1980s, Elsa's daughter, Margot, gave almost 1,400 letters to
Hebrew University, which Einstein helped found. But Margot directed that
the letters not be released publicly until 20 years after her death. She
died on July 8, 1986.

Some of the women identified by Einstein include Estella, Ethel, Toni, and
his "Russian spy lover," Margarita. Others are referred to only by
initials, like M. and L.

"It is true that M. followed me (to England) and her chasing after me is
getting out of control," he wrote in a letter to Margot in 1931. "Out of
all the dames, I am in fact attached only to Mrs. L., who is absolutely
harmless and decent."

In another post to Margot, Einstein asked his stepdaughter to pass on "a
little letter for Margarita, to avoid providing curious eyes with tidbits."

FAMILY HEARD

The new batch of letters for the first time included replies from
Einstein's family, Hanoch Gutfreund, chairman of the Albert Einstein
Worldwide Exhibition at Hebrew University said.

This, he told reporters, helped shatter myths that the Nobel Prize-winning
scientist was always cold toward his family.

"In these letters he acts with much greater friendship and understanding
to Mileva and his sons," Gutfeund said.

Gutfeund said that though Einstein's later marriage to Elsa was best
described as a "marriage of convenience," he wrote to her almost every
day, describing, among other things, his experiences touring and lecturing
in Europe.

"Soon I'll be fed up with the (theory of) relativity," Einstein wrote in a
postcard to Elsa in 1921. "Even such a thing fades away when one is too
involved with it."

Einstein lived and studied in the 1930's at Oxford, where he hid from the
Nazis. A German colleague, he said in a letter to Else, had told him "to
not even come near the German border because the rage against me is out of
control."

In the same letter, which he wrote in 1933, less than a decade before the
start of World War II and the Nazi Holocaust, Einstein writes: "One fears
everywhere the competition of the expelled 'brainy' Jews. We are even more
burdened by our strength than by our weakness."

"La'V' is always watching...Be careful who you talk to." - The Side Street
Chonicles by C.W. Badie

http://us.click.yahoo.com/TISQkA/hOaOAA/yQLSAA/LRMolB/TM