[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote: Who's Isabella?

From: Astromancer
Yeah, that's about it...Not even a sexy shot of Isabella...

Martin Pratt wrote: One of the two decent points of the entire production.

Astromancer wrote: Oh come on! I loved the lispy dragon...

Martin Pratt wrote: You forgot to add in SciFi's "Earthsea."

drcsaid wrote: I'd rather watch Spike TV's "Blade" and Teresa Graves "Vampira"
back
to back....

--- In scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com, Martin Pratt
wrote:

> When I forced myself to watch that, I felt absolutely nothing. Now
I know where all of my anger went. The sole reason i can fathom for
the world being subjected to this is the massive contract that Stan
the Man almost certainly had SciFi sign for this. I anticipate more
crap on the horizon.

> Keith Johnson wrote: Okay, I thought
it couldn't get any worse. I didn't think any "reality" show
> could be dumber than the "is he gay" dating show, the midget dating
show,
> the "are you my daddy?" show. Wife Swap. How wrong I was! While
trying
> take care of some financial business, I turned on the TV for
background
> noise. (That'll teach me to use the boob tube instead of listening
to a
> music CD!) Waiting for Tavis Smiley, I idly surfed by Sci Fi
Channel, and
> watched a few minutes of Stan Lee's "Who Wants to Be a Superhero".
>
> Man what junk! I can't tell if the participants are really somewhat
> delusional geeks who take this crap seriously, wannabe actors and
stunt
> people looking for an in into Hollywood, or people who really want
to get
> into the comics industry. It's so dumb: Monkey Woman? Feedback?
Nitro G?!
> Fat Mama??? (And ain't it just perfect that the lone Black person
selected
> is a heavyset Black woman who sings "Fat mama"?! Well, I guess it's
better
> than if she had on a head rag and started singing "Black Mammy" or
> something!) I couldn't decide whether to laugh or gag as a curiously
> subdued and ham-handed Stan Lee appeared on a TV screen handing out
> assignments to his would-be heroes, admonishing them about the
seriousness
> of what they're doing. Hell, if Lee hadn't cried "Excelsior!" at
the end of
> his session, I' barely know it was him! After that it was all
downhill, as
> the contestants had to change from their "secret identities" into
their
> uniforms, on the street, but out of sight of passersby. Then they
ran some
> stupid-a&& course while some dopey kid pretended to be lost,
screaming "help
> me!" all the while. The dweebs who ignored the girl--choosing their
> assignment over saving a civilian--were the ones chosen to possibly
be
> kicked off. Poor Nitro G! He looked so sad when Lee told him he had
to go
> home! Sniff!
>
> Somebody please tell me I missed it, that this is a cleverly
> self-deprecating piece of pop cultural deconstruction, and that it's
> actually funny and witty. Tell me I didn't waste twenty minutes of
my life
> on this junk! And tell me one of you will watch it and give us
regular
> updates so I don't have to waste anymore brain cells.

> "Excuse me while I whip this out."
> Cleavon Little , "Blazing Saddles"

"Excuse me while I whip this out."
Cleavon Little , "Blazing Saddles"

"La'V' is always watching...Be careful who you talk to." - The Side Street
Chonicles by C.W. Badie