And now, we know why she's going to bring the series to a crashing halt.

brent wodehouse <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006400493,00.html

EXCLUSIVE

JK has lost the plot

By JEROME STARKEY

JK ROWLING has been forced to correct a plot blunder in a Harry Potter
book - after fans spotted it.

The author credits Hermione Granger with 11 top exam results in the first
hardback edition of book six, Harry Potter And The Half-Blood Prince.

But in book five - Harry Potter And The Order Of The Phoenix - we are told
she takes TEN examinations.

Publishers Bloomsbury have corrected the paperback edition to give
Hermione nine “outstanding” and one “exceeds expectations” in her Ordinary
Wizarding Levels.

In the uncorrected version, Harry gets seven OWLs with honours, Ron also
achieves seven, while Hermione gets ten “outstandings” and one “exceeds
expectations”.

One of the first fan websites to spot the error was www.mugglenet.com. It
is believed to be the first blunder in the Potter series, which has earned
JK, 41, more than £500million.

The author - mocked up above in a dunce’s cap - is completely involved in
the whole production process and checks final proofs.

She also worked closely to a plan for all the Potter books - including the
final chapter of the seventh and final one currently stored in an
Edinburgh bank vault.

Bloomsbury admitted last night: “We can confirm there was an error.” A
publishing source said: “With a series like this it is inevitable a
blunder like this would occur. It is just remarkable it didn’t happen
earlier. It was only a small error and easily reversible.”

Hermione actress Emma Watson, 17, is a real-life brainbox. She got eight
A*s grades and two As in her GCSEs.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"Excuse me while I whip this out."
                    Cleavon Little , "Blazing Saddles"