I have not seen this movie,  but mainly because it's about something
I simply don't care about.

If Woody Allen did a good science fiction story, I would go see it.
If this hackjob of a filmmker/editorial columnist Ridley did a good
science fiction story, I would go see it. One thing (perhaps the only
thing) I learned in film school is/was:  what you see on screen
usually has very little to do with the personal politics of the
filmmaker.  It usually has everything to  do with the corporate
politics of the studio and distribution machine.Do we boycott Star
Wars movies because they are put out by Fox?