I liked it also. It wasn't the greatest film ever made, but it was a very good
one, with a lot of action, a point and a plot interesting enough to make me
watch all the way through. My husband liked it also, and he hates sci-fi.

  I also liked Serenity, Idlewild and Mindhunters.

  I hope that that doesn't totally discredit me to everyone here!

Martin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
          I don't know if this bodes well or ill for the movie, but I don't
remember a single bit of it. And I rented it.

"Tracey de Morsella (formerly Tracey L. Minor)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: I
few day ago, I finally saw the Island on cable a few days ago.
Directed by Michael Bay, starring Ewan McGregor, Scarlett Johansson,
Djimon Hounsou, Sean Bean, Steve Buscemi, Michael Clarke Duncan and
Ethan Phillips
http://tinyurl.com/a32qy

The following is the plot: Lincoln Six-Echo is a resident of a seemingly
Utopian but contained facility in the mid 21st century. Like all of the
inhabitants of this carefully controlled environment, Lincoln hopes to
be chosen to go to the "The Island" - reportedly the last uncontaminated
spot on the planet. But Lincoln soon discovers that everything about his
existence is a lie. He and all of the other inhabitants of the facility
are actually human clones. Lincoln makes a daring escape with a
beautiful fellow resident named Jordan Two-Delta. Relentlessly pursued
by the forces of the sinister institute that once housed them, Lincoln
and Jordan engage in a race for their lives to literally meet their makers.

>From what I understand, it did not do well in the theaters. The
director and producers blamed McGregor and Johansson. I also remember
hearing pretty bad reviews. Very little draws me to the theaters these
days, but I thought this was definitely a good DVD rental flick. I
enjoyed it. I expected so much worse.

What did you think about it? Did it suck? What movies have you seen
that the critics have planned but you genuiniely enjoyed?

Traacey

Yahoo! Groups Links

If any one of our restaurants were better than the rest, then customers would
flocck to that location, creating a mass imbalance that could create a black
hole, which would swallow the Earth. That's why we make every McDonald's from
Pomona to Poughkeepsie the same good place to eat, thereby saving the
Universe.-from McDonald's commercial ,28 January 1990

"Is anybody hungry?" - W Zeddemore, "The Real Ghostbusters", 'The Cabinet of
Calamari'