Great stuff, Keith.

I noticed this morning that Dreamgirls was the #3 movie last weekend, and
was only on on 852 screens. Night At the Museum and Pursuit of Happyness
were on 3800 and 2800 screens, respectively, and were the #1 and #2
movies. The rest of the list were on a minimum of 2 thousand screens. So a
movie like Dreamgirls can do really  well without a lot of marketing (just
great press) and good placement.

I am interested to see how Dreamgirls does on DVD. If it does as well as
"Ray", then I think we've found our Black movie distribution method.
George Lucas may be right. THeaters might  be for blockbusters and
franchises,and home video may be for film and interesting stories.