race Yourself: Someone On 'Heroes' Is Going To Die
Tim Kring spills the beans about February sweeps

By MICHAEL HINMAN
Source: TV Guide
Jan-25-2007

The following story contains MINOR SPOILERS for upcoming episodes of
NBC's "Heroes."

Death always seems to be looming on the doorstep for "Heroes," and
February sweeps will be no exception.

"We are going to kill off one of our regulars, someone who has been with
the show from the very beginning," showrunner Tim Kring told TV Guide's
Michael Logan. "Some people will be upset, sure."

Kring, of course, won't say who it is, but says just because he's using
the word "regular" and not "hero" doesn't mean there's more there that
people should read into.

"I personally never use the term 'hero' because I happen to know that,
ultimately, some of these seemingly heroic characters will not be
heroic," he said. "But with our ability to bend time and change things,
not all those who are killed are making their last appearance on the
show. And we actually do have plans for the character who's dying."

But before the audience is inundated with death, the Jan. 29 episode of
the show will celebrate both Mother's Day and Father's Day early as
Claire (Hayden Panettiere) and Hiro (Masi Oka) both meet up with their
parents. Claire will find hers in the form of Jessalyn Gilsig from FX's
"Nip/Tuck" while Hiro will get a visit from "Star Trek's" George Takei
-- introducing one storyline that may be a focus in the show's planned
second season.

"It's going to be blow-your-mind cool," Kring said about Takei's guest
appearance on the show. "The character will provide a gateway into a
whole world back in Japan that we will explore in Season 2 -- a story
about Hiro's family and past."

And speaking of Hiro, when the hell will he get his powers back anyway?

"He'll be a little handicapped for a while," Kring said. "Hiro can't be
so powerful that he becomes a crutch for bad writing. That's why we had
him fail to save the waitress. We can't have him go back i ntime and fix
everything. Hiro's quest for the sword will take him from naive boy to a
real man."

"Heroes" airs Mondays at 9 p.m. ET on NBC. For more of Logan's interview
with Kring, click here.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: