Like I said, I've never read the books. What are the major ways it strays, and
what's been replaced in the mythos?

From: "B. Smith" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
I like it but it strays way too far from the source material at
times. It also got rid off some awesome bits of the mythos to add new
weaker ones.

--- In scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Did anyone watch the debut of "The Dresden Files" last week? I was
desperate for good scifi/fantasy since "Heroes", "Eureka",
and "Avatar" were all in reruns. And I'm so far behind on "Galactica"
i have to wait for reruns or the season 3 DVD set. And I have to say,
the Sunday night doldrums are usually setting in, so a new show is a
great distraction. I must say I enjoyed it. The guy who plays Harry
Dresden is about as unlikely a wizard as can be: thin, almost
scrawny, receeding hairline, really cynical and world-weary, trouble
paying his bills--not even close to an imposing figure. He's more
like Jim Rockford than Gandalf. The first show dealt with a kid
who's a nascent wizard, being sought by the forces of evil and good.
The bad guys send a "skinwalker"--a demon that literally takes your
skin and wears it--to retrieve the young magic-worker. There's
evidently also a whole society of wizards and others that operate out
of our sight and knowledge. Dresden referenced some Counci
> l that seems to rule wizards, and his uncle is a wizard who's
apparently on the side of evil. The show was entertaining enough to
hold my interest, I like the actor playing Dresden, and it's very
cool for me to see *any* scifi or fantasy show that's completely new
to me. (I never read the books that the series is based upon).