'Doctor Who' Takes Animated Route
Will be part of a 13-episode 'Totally Doctor Who' run

By MICHAEL HINMAN
Source: BBC
Jan-26-2007

The legend of The Doctor and his trusty companion is getting so big,
even animators want to have a stab at him.

Russell T. Davies is launching yet another spinoff, so to speak, of
"Doctor Who," this time taking the characters brought to life by David
Tennant and Freema Agyeman, and turning them into a cartoon. "The
Infinite Quest" will star both the actors reprising their live-action
roles of The Doctor and Martha.

"The Doctor and Martha follow a trail of clues across wild and wonderful
worlds, to find the location of the legendary lost spaceship, the
Infinite," Davies told BBC. The series also will include an alum of the
second season, Anthony Stewart Head -- best known to genre fans as Giles
from "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" -- will also be a part of the series,
but not as the alien headmaster Mr. Finch in Season 2's "School
Reunion," but as a new character: Baltazar - Scourge of the Galaxy.

Agyeman, who joins the live-action show in Season 3, replacing Billie
Piper as The Doctor's companion, said the animated feature is just one
more thing that has made her happy to have signed on to the series.

"I didn't think my 'Doctor Who' experience could get any more thrilling,
but I was absolutely blown away when they approached me about the new
animation series," she said. "The prospect of becoming a cartoon
character was both exciting and also a bit nerve-wracking as it was the
first time I have been asked to do voiceover work. It was such a fun
experience, and now I can't wait to see how it all looks."

The series is being written by Alan Barnes and directed by Gary Russell.
The animation will be drawn by Firestep, who did the previous animation
venture for "Doctor Who." There is no word when the series will be released.

Thanks to Raissa for the tip!

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: