up there with Ali versus Frazier to our minds.

From: Astromancer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Honestly, I thought the pilot was the best part of it all...but beyond the
first few episodes, it went down hill for me...Sadly, I never saw all of the
pilot...

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote: "Cyborg" is the novel on which "The Six Million Dollar
Man" is based, right? Never did understand the title change. The pilot of the
series was very good. It focused much more on Steve Austin as some kind of
other. I remember there's a scene where he rescues a lady from a car, having to
literally chop her free from the seatbelt with his bionic arm. As he carries
her away from the soon burning vehicle, she sees where his "skin" has been
torn, exposing circuitry underneath. "Who are you. *What* are you?" she cries,
and Steve is at a loss to explain. That was good...

There were actually many very good eps of that series. then they started
bringing in stuff like the aliens with the Bigfoot android, which was silly
(but which appealed to the child i was then). I even liked some of "The Bionic
Woman", though I hated that schoolroom setting. But by the time they brought in
the omnipresent Vince Van Patten as the Bionic Boy, and mad the German Shepherd
Max the bionic dog a regular, I was through!

From: Astromancer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
I would love to see a new treatment of the original novel, Cyborg...

Brent Wodehouse <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
http://www.nwdaily.co.uk/CelebrityGossipView.aspx?id=1361

Oooh - this'll give those miserable East Enders something to talk about,
as they stare hopelessly into the bottom of their pints in the Queen Vic.
Zoe Slater's only gawn and got 'erself a role in 'ollywood, ain't she?
(Ahem! Sorry - we'll leave the mockney nonsense to Dick Van Dyke from now
on...)

Yep, Michelle Ryan - who left the soap in 2005, shortly after a storyline
in which her character Zoe Slater bonked Dirty Den (euww!) - has just been
picked for the role of 70s action heroine, the Bionic Woman. Now, we
shouldn't hang out the bunting and arrange a street party just yet: so far
it's only been confirmed for a pilot episode. But if that goes well, a
full-on series is very much in the pipeline.

'This is beyond Michelle's wildest dreams,' says an insider (who, come to
think of it, wouldn't necessarily have to be that much of an insider to
state the bleedin' obvious in this way). 'She's landed the leading role in
a major American TV series. No-one expected her to do this well.' Now, our
Mich just has to keep her fingers crossed that Leslie Grantham doesn't
turn up with a glint in his eye, and announce he's been confirmed as the
Six Million Dollar Man.

"Such music flow on the Fringe...and no one can resist singing to Scarlet." -
The Side Street Chonicles by C.W. Badie