FYI. This article explains Coulter and her ilk quite completely:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/max-blumenthal/cpacs-gay-porn-star-
hono_b_42842.html

George

--- In scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I agree. Some of these people may be doing the PT Barnum thing and
giving a show, but their core is still full of hatred and contempt.

> From: Martin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Yokozuna, I wish I could believe that. There's an absence in her
eyes that, IMO, gives something of veracity to the invective she
spews.

> The Yokozuna Of Soul <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: Coulter is in show
business. She no more believes any of the
> nonsense she says or writes than Lou Costello was an idiot. This
> entire issue is fluff and we can expect more avoidance of the
issues
> as we get closer to 2008.
>
> On Mar 5, 2007, at 5:57 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> > Don't you just *love* the American political system? If you go to
> > John Edwards' website, you can see the video clip for yourself.
> > There, you also have the option to click a link to
donate "Coulter
> > Cash", which is a way of saying you can defeat people like
Coulter
> > by donating money to Edwards.https://johnedwards.com/action/
> > contribute/coulter
> >
> > Politics has got to be the dirtiest, bloodiest game in the world,
> > but I guess you can't fault the Edwards camp for taking advantage
> > of it in this way. I still say that I'm amazed that with all the
> > things Edwards is saying--such as a recent interview in which he
> > said Jesus would be "ashamed" of America, or the interview
on "Meet
> > the Press" where he said homosexuality is *not* a sin--he's
getting
> > such little press. Again, i wonder, if the media covered him as
> > incessantly as it did Clinton and Obama, would his numbers be
higher?

> > All that aside, can someone explain to me what the hell is wrong
> > with Coulter? She regularly spouts virulent hatred I'm only used
> > hearing from white men like Limbaugh or David Duke. What is wrong
> > with her, what's her past? I've never been able to stomach
> > watching, listening to, or reading about her, so have never done
> > the research myself....

> > http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/03/04/coulter.edwards/index.html
> >
> > Coulter Under Fire for Anti-Gay Slur
> > WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Prominent politicians from both parties and a
> > gay-rights group on Saturday condemned right-wing commentator Ann
> > Coulter for her reference Friday to Democratic presidential
> > candidate John Edwards as a "faggot."
> > "Ann Coulter's use of an anti-gay slur yesterday was un-American
> > and indefensible," Edwards said in a posting on his Web site,
> > www.johnedwards.com.
> > "In America, we strive for equality and embrace diversity. The
kind
> > of hateful language she used has no place in political debate or
> > our society at large.
> > "I believe it is our moral responsibility to speak out against
that
> > kind of bigotry and prejudice every time we encounter it."
> > Edwards' campaign posted the video on their Web site, and asked
> > readers to help them "raise $100,000 in 'Coulter Cash' this week
> > keep this campaign charging ahead and fight back against the
> > politics of bigotry."
> > Coulter made her comment in Washington during an address to the
> > 34th annual meeting of the Conservative Political Action
> > Conference, during which she gave her opinions about the
Democrats'
> > slate of presidential hopefuls.
> > "I was going to have a few comments on the other Democratic
> > presidential candidate, John Edwards, but it turns out that you
> > have to go into rehab if you use the word 'faggot,' so I'm - so,
> > kind of at an impasse, can't really talk about Edwards, so I
think
> > I'll just conclude here and take your questions," said Coulter,
> > whose comment was followed by applause.
> > CNN has reached out to Coulter's representative, and received no
> > response.
> > But the New York Times reported that she responded, in an e-mail,
> > "C'mon, it was a joke. I would never insult gays by suggesting
that
> > they are like John Edwards. That would be mean."
> > A spokesman for Sen. John McCain, a Republican presidential
> > candidate, called Coulter's comments to the conservative group
> > "wildly inappropriate."
> > In a written statement, Sen. Edward Kennedy, D-Massachusetts,
said,
> > "Ann Coulter's words of hate have no place in the public sphere
> > much less our political discourse. Not only should she apologize
> > but those who participated in the conference with her should
> > denounce her shameful and divisive actions."
> > "Ann Coulter's use of this anti-gay slur is vile and
unacceptable,"
> > said Neil G. Giuliano, president of the Gay & Lesbian Alliance
> > Against Defamation, "and the applause from her audience is an
> > important reminder that Coulter's ugly brand of bigotry is at the
> > root of the discriminatory policies being promoted at this
gathering."
> > In a written statement, Democratic National Committee Chairman
> > Howard Dean called on Republicans to denounce her remarks. "There
> > is no place in political discourse for this kind of hate-filled
and
> > bigoted comments," he said.
> > During a question-and-answer session, Coulter referred back to
the
> > issue of gays by alluding to the bid for the Republican
> > presidential nomination being made by former Massachusetts Gov.
> > Mitt Romney.
> > "I do want to point out one thing that has been driving me crazy
> > with the media -- how they keep describing Mitt Romney's position
> > as being pro-gays, and that's going to upset the right wingers,"
> > she said. "Well, you know, screw you! I'm not anti-gay. We're
> > against gay marriage. I don't want gays to be discriminated
against."
> > She added, "I don't know why all gays aren't Republican. I think
we
> > have the pro-gay positions, which is anti-crime and for tax cuts.
> > Gays make a lot of money and they're victims of crime. No, they
> > are! They should be with us."
> > A spokesman for Romney called Coulter's use of the
slur "offensive."v

> "There is no reason Good can't triumph over Evil, if only angels
will get organized along the lines of the Mafia." -Kurt Vonnegut, "A
Man Without A Country"