Thanks for posting this article and your rant. Both were an
interesting read. I agree with another poster's comment that this is
yet another item to add to the list of articles of impeachment.

George

--- In scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> This is so sad, I don't have the words. The disgust I feel turns my
stomach. That damn criminally incompetent administration is spending
hundreds of billions of dollars trying to keep Iraq from the fires of
chaos it unleashed, costing the lives of thousands of soldiers and
civilians, all the while telling us that doing so will keep America
safe. Meanwhile, their own citizens are living in what might as well
be a third-world country in their own back yard. That the citizens of
New Orleans are arming themselves as if under siege is inexecusable!
But what the hell else can you expect from a "leader" who didn't
mention New Orleans once in his State of the Union, but who famously
said, "You're doing a good job, Brownie", and, (Circling the Katrina-
devastated city from the safety of his plane) "As bad as things look
from up here, I bet it's twice as bad down there".

> And this is an administration guided by Christ's principles?
Doesn't that include loving your neighbour and helping him when he's
in need?

> New Orleans Residents Arming Themselves
> By MARY FOSTER, Associated Press Writer
> NEW ORLEANS - Sixty-four-year-old Vivian Westerman rode out
Hurricane Katrina in her 19th-century house. So terrible was the
experience that she wanted two things before the 2006 season arrived:
a backup power source and a gun. "I got a 6,000-watt generator and
the cutest little Smith & Wesson, snub-nose .38 you ever saw," she
boasted. "I've never been more confident." People across New Orleans
are arming themselves _ not only against the possibility of another
storm bringing anarchy, but against the violence that has engulfed
the metropolitan area in the 19 months since Katrina, making New
Orleans the nation's murder capital.

<snip>