Still sucked. I can put my disbelief on hold better than most, but man this was
pitiful! Turtletaub's done better, like "Phenomenon", "While You Were
Sleeping", and the first two eps of "Jericho".

From: Martin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
I think it was Michael Bay. Let me check...

No, directed by Jon Turtletaub, according to imdb.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
I watched National Treasure at home. I think my wife walked away halfway
through and did her hair. I started vacuuming during the last half hour. Was
that another Michael Bay or Jerry Bruckheimmer flick? It had that over-the-top
feeling to it...

From: "Tracey de Morsella (formerly Tracey L. Minor)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> The movie was a good enough pop in the dvd flick-nothing special, but if
> they get Mirren and Harris ( two of my favs) I will look forward to the
> sequel.
>
> Treasure 2 Casting Rumor
> Mirren and Harris may join Cage.
> by IGN Staff
>
> March 28, 2007 - Ed Harris played a totally awesome villain to Nicolas
> Cage's hero in The Rock, so it's good news that he may be appearing in
> that same capacity in the National Treasure sequel, Book of Secrets. And
> he's not the only rumored new addition to the cast...
>
> The Harris tidbit comes our way via Joblo.com, where they're also
> reporting that Oscar-winning actress Helen Mirren has joined the cast.
> It's a bit of a switch for Mirren, last seen in The Queen, but she's got
> her golden statue and now it's time to get paid by starring in a box
> office blockbuster.
>
> Mirren is linked to the role of Emily Gates, the mother of Cage's
> character, and rumor has it that Harris will play a character called Jeb
> Wilkinson, a man who has information about Gates' father.
>
> John Turteltaub is returning to the director's chair. Diane Kruger,
> Harvey Keitel and Justin Bartha are also set to return.
> http://movies.ign.com/articles/776/776485p1.html

"There is no reason Good can't triumph over Evil, if only angels will get
organized along the lines of the Mafia." -Kurt Vonnegut, "A Man Without A
Country"