Dr Who is one of the few shows that will make my children
step away from their computers. I HAVE to check online
each week to make sure of the time its on, or I'll
be kicked out of the family.:-)
I've loved this show for years and still do. I don't know
how they seem to get it right every time.

Meta

--- In scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com, Martin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> And it's even bigger this season. The third ep of the new series was
postponed bya  football game, and the protests from fans lit up the
BBC3 switchboards all night long.

> "Tracey de Morsella (formerly Tracey L. Minor)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
 When the 1980s ended, it seemed as if the world had somehow had enough
> of "Doctor Who." Many believed that the stories had fallen out of
> luster, and that was just from the people who had yet to outgrow the
> series and noticed it was still even on.
>
> Revival attempts were bantied about in the nearly two decades that
> followed, but even then, no one believed that "Doctor Who" would return
> to the top of the ratings heap in the United Kingdom. The thing is, it
> has -- even after a major cast shakeup the past two seasons.
>
> The third season of "Doctor Who" featuring David Tennant and Freema
> Agyeman is surprising analysts across the island as it continues to
> bring in more than 8 million viewers each week, giving it an audience
> share of around 40 percent, Variety reports. While 8 million might be
> considered a good average audience in the United States, in Queen
> Elizabeth II country, that makes it one of the highest rated television
> programs, and probably makes BBC wish they could insert some
commercials.

> There was a tremendous amount of excitement when the series returned in
> 2005 with Christopher Eccleston as The Doctor and Billie Piper as his
> companion, Rose Tyler. And fans quickly fell in love with both
> characters and their portrayers. But that lineup would only last one
> season. And in fact, by the time the third season began on BBC One a
few
> weeks ago, both actors were long gone. But the viewers weren't. Only
> "Coronation Street" and "EastEnders" -- two very popular soap operas --
> get better ratings in the United Kingdom, Variety reported.
>
> With the return of the Daleks and a season finale producers say will
> make previous finales look like walks in the park, it looks like
"Doctor
> Who" will be around for a long time to come.
>
> "Doctor Who" airs Saturdays on BBC One, and is expected to begin airing
> in the United States on SciFi Channel in the fall.
> http://www.syfyportal.com/news423534.html
>

> Yahoo! Groups Links
>

> "There is no reason Good can't triumph over Evil, if only angels
will get organized along the lines of the Mafia." -Kurt Vonnegut, "A
Man Without A Country"