"No seventh 'Star Wars' Film in the Works"

  Is it wrong that I want to buy everyone a round at that news? Should I let go
of this numbing hate I feel for all this Lucas?

  Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

Brent Wodehouse <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,21792151-5001026,00.html

Star Wars fans in full force

By Peta Hellard

May 25, 2007

AS the bad news breaks that there won't be another Star Wars movie,
thousands of fans made the pilgrimage to Los Angeles for the film
franchise's 30th anniversary celebrations.

Thousands of Star Wars fans from around the world gathered yesterday to
watch a 17-hour movie marathon.

The free screening of all six films launched five days of celebrations at
the Los Angeles Convention Centre to commemorate the world premiere of the
original film Star Wars: A New Hope on May 25, 1977.

About 12,000 fans - many dressed as storm troopers or in revealing
Princess Leia slave outfits - attended the first day of the convention.

Among the Australian fans who made the trip was Melburnian (from
Greensborough) Chris Brennan, who is a member of Star Walking Inc - the
Australian Star Wars appreciation society.

Brennan, 40, told News Limited the atmosphere at the convention was
electrifying.

"It's the biggest Star Wars party ever - I've met fans from all over the
world," he said.

"I've seen lots of people dressed up as storm troopers or scout troopers
or Princess Leia - and I've even seen someone dressed up as a womper,
which is the big white furry thing that grabbed Luke Skywalker in The
Empire Strikes Back and hung him up in its cave.

"I wouldn't have missed this for the world - I was there at the Australian
premiere on October 21, 1977, when I was ten and I have been following it
ever since."

Brennan said seeing the six films back-to-back on the big screen was
awe-inspiring.

"It was exhausting but exhilarating," he said.

"The whole theatre just exploded with clapping and cheers every time a new
character came on the screen - it was a very fitting homage."

Steve Sansweet, head of fan relations at Lucasfilm Limited, said he
expected about 25,000 people to attend over the five days.

"Today was for our most hard-core members of the fan club but tomorrow we
will be opening the doors to the public," he told News Limited yesterday.

Fans hoping to hear that a new film instalment of the series is on the
cards will be sorely disappointed.

While a comment by director George Lucas ten days ago sent fans and
internet chat rooms into a frenzy about the possibility, Sansweet told
News Limited that a seventh film was not in the works.

"That (the comment) was misinterpreted," he told News Limited yesterday.

"There are no plans for any additional Star Wars movies but he (Lucas) is
working on two television series."

A Star Wars live action TV series will be filmed in Australia from next
year and will be set between the recent Episode III and the original 1977
Star Wars film which is Episode IV.

The convention, which cost $153 for a four-day pass, includes costume
contests, exhibitions of movie props, autograph opportunities and even a
Storm Trooper Olympics.

Star Walking Inc is organising its own convention to mark the 30th
anniversary of the Star Wars premiere in Australian on the 21-22nd October
in Melbourne.

"There is no reason Good can't triumph over Evil, if only angels will get
organized along the lines of the Mafia." -Kurt Vonnegut, "A Man Without A
Country"