I admit to getting way out of both as well. I've had the chance to catch a few
"Dead Zone" eps, thanks to Skiffy, the Evil That Yet Broadcasts, and
calmer-than-normal Sundays in my household, allowing me to tune in to the
first-run eps. IMO, it's still got the feel of a winner. And they've made a few
changes that make it more interesting (won't spoil, though you probably know of
what I speak).

"The 4400", however...to paraphrase the Godfather of Soul, "It's LOST...in the
Wilderness..." I've all but quit it.

Martin (two more for the list)

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:                                  I have a question:
are these shows still good? I'm waaay behind in watching.

 Over the last couple of years, I've completely lost touch with both "The 4400"
and "The Deadzone".  Although the shows have been on consistently, the network
still experimented with their time slots a few times, especially "4400". I
remember they've bounced all over the  map in terms of when they were
broadcast. Even then, i was able to stay with them once they settled into more
or less regular time slots in a given season. But when a new season premiered,
the time slot was moved again. Frustrating. But even worse, my biggest problem
has been something that's driving me increasingly crazy in recent years: the
*reruns* not being consistent.  When I was trying to watch stuff like BSG,
Enterprise, Threshold, Surface, Invasion, Justice League, etc., I started
having to watch some shows on first run and record others to view later. But
even then the stuff was piling up on tape. And, 4400 and Zone were often
pre-empted for golf or something. Finally,  I said "I'll watch these
 shows on re
 runs".  But back to that problem. There'd be a few original shows, then a
couple of reruns--and not always the same original shows just aired--then some
original shows. Drove me crazy. Once the season was over, the timeslot thing
started up again, and the reruns were all over the map. I remember Dead Zone
being rerun around midnight for a long time, then suddenly the reruns
disappeared. Often the reruns are out of sequence, too.

 Long story short, I gave up in frustration. But from what I've seen, 4400 and
Deadzone seem to be pretty good. John Smith on Zone has lost the need for his
cane, I think someone close to him died recently, and the struggle with that
minister and the psycho politician is heating up. Over the 4400, am I right in
assuming the 4400 are being increasingly villified by the government? Billy
Campbell's character has gone from looking like a slick politician to a
wild-eyed prophet.

 I'm wondering, are these shows as good as they seem? If so, i guess I'll have
to catch up on past seasons this winter.   :(

"There is no reason Good can't triumph over Evil, if only angels will get
organized along the lines of the Mafia." -Kurt Vonnegut, "A Man Without A
Country"