i'm sorry, i just don't see Keanu as the lead. He lacks the bearing for that
role. This makes me worry that the very tone of the movie will be changed as
well. If you're going with well known white actors, off the top of my head,
I'd have to go with someone like Niam Leeson.

From: "Brent Wodehouse" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://jam.canoe.ca/Movies/2007/08/27/4449910-zap.html

Keanu Reeves lands on 'Earth'

'Matrix' star channels his inner alien

By Zap2It.com

Keanu barada nikto!

Variety is reporting that Keanu Reeves will star in 20th Century Fox's
remake of "The Day the Earth Stood Still."

The 1951 Robert Wise original starred Michael Rennie as Klaatu, a humanoid
alien who arrives on Earth with his indestructible robot Gort. Klaatu's
mission is to warn the Earth's leaders that an alien race will annihilate
them if they don't make up and play nice.

The mean part of us wants to say that Reeves will play Gort.

In reality, he's signed on to play Klaatu, according to the trade paper.

David Scarpa wrote the new script and Scott Derrickson ("The Exorcism of
Emily Rose" will direct. The plan is to begin production by early 2008.

Reeves was most recently seen in 2006's "The Lake House" and "A Scanner
Darkly." The "Matrix" and "Feeling Minnesota" star has just completed work
on David Ayer's "The Night Watchman" for 20th Century's specialty division
Fox Searchlight.