g, I doubt that. I remember an old adage from my childhood daze, when I worked
on my HS newspaper.

"If it bleeds, it leads."

g123curious <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:                               It'll be
interesting to see if this gets more coverage in the news
 media than the dogs M. Vick and friends killed. 9/11 coverage may
 have pushed this story aside earlier this week.

 George

 --- In scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com, Martin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

 > Has anyone else caught more than a *blurb* about this in the
 mainstream media? I think I saw a thirty-second clip on a nationally-
 syndicated morning show. I hate to be the one to play the race card
 (because, IMO, it makes you the racist), but brand me. Had this been
 a pretty blonde girl with blue eyes...

 > "Tracey de Morsella (formerly Tracey L. Minor)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 wrote:                               More on this story...
 >  http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?
 storyId=14307118&sc=emaf

 > /BIG CREEK, W.Va./ September 12, 2007, 11:23 p.m. ET ·
 > Authorities decided Wednesday not to pursue hate crime charges in
 > the kidnapping and weeklong torture of a black woman, instead going
 > after the suspects, who are white, on state charges that carry
 > stiffer penalties.

 <snip>

"There is no reason Good can't triumph over Evil, if only angels will get
organized along the lines of the Mafia." -Kurt Vonnegut, "A Man Without A
Country"