what, and bring Tasha Yar back??  By the way, that's a *great* episode, easily
one of my top five from TNG, along with Darmok, The Best of Both Worlds Part 1,
Who Watches the Watchers, and The Offspring

From: Martin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
No, they'll go with the divergent timeline resultant from "Yesterday's
Enterprise".

Kidding, folks, KIDDING!

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote: indeed. So, what? they gonna use the Borg time travel
incident in "First Contact" to explain the skewed ages of the Enterprise gang?
That's what B&B used to explain all the changes for teh series "Enterprise"

From: "Tracey de Morsella (formerly Tracey L. Minor)"

> You guys assume they are going to stick with the story, timelines and
> profiles that we know. Even the series that involved Roddenberry and
> Berman did not always do that. Enterprise is playing on scifi channel
> and I notice them playing fast and loose with Trek History all the time
>
> Daryle wrote:
> >
> > Can¹t take place on the Enterprise. Most of these people didn¹t serve
> > on the
> > ship until Pike left, and Chekov was the last to come aboard. This
> > must take
> > place at the academy or some post academy training base.
> >
> > It¹s sounding like it¹s the story of how they all met one another in their
> > youth. What would be a shame is if it¹s a bunch of one off stories
> > describing everyone in their youth, like the TNG episode about Picard and
> > his heart.
> >
> > On 9/18/07 10:15 AM, "[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > " > > >
> > wrote:
> >

> > > something just occurred to me. Is this going to take place on the
> > Starship
> > > Enterprise? If so, how can you have "young" crew members, when the
> > crew was
> > > mostly in their early to mid 30's when the series aired??? Kirk was
> > 33 or so
> > > at best when the series started, Spock was 36, Scotty 44, Sulu 29,
> > Dr. McCoy
> > > 39!! Chekov and Uhura were the youngest at 21 and 27, respectively.
> > So how
> > > old is the crew supposed to be? If "young" means under 30, then
> > they're gonna
> > > have to change the entire timeline to have this crew come together
> > in their
> > > 20s and early 30s on the Enterprise.
> > >
> > > This goes back to my irritation at Hollywood's youth obsssession
> > now. The
> > > original series used older actors (Kelley, for example, was 44,
> > though playing
> > > younger, and Nichols was 34) to play mature characters. Why de-age
> > them so
> > > much, such as in the case of Dr. McCoy?

> > > From: Daryle > >
> > > >

> > > Source:
> > >
> > http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/news/e3i1c31d11ff3059c9e
> >

> > > 55f5f3989888be78
> > >
> > > Saldana on 'Trek' with Abrams, Par
> > > By Borys Kit
> > > Sept 18, 2007
> > >
> > > J.J. Abrams is slowly bringing his crew together for Paramount Pictures'
> > > 11th film in the "Star Trek" movie series. Zoe Saldana is in final
> > > negotiations to play Uhura, who is the chief communications officer
> > on the
> > > USS Enterprise.
> > >
> > > Plot details are begin kept under wraps, but it is understood that the
> > > movie chronicles the early days of the Enterprise crew. Saldana will
> > join
> > > Anton Yelchin as a young Chekov, the Russian-born navigator, as well as
> [...]

"There is no reason Good can't triumph over Evil, if only angels will get
organized along the lines of the Mafia." -Kurt Vonnegut, "A Man Without A
Country"

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: