[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Vote in the National Cheney Impeachment Poll
http://www.usalone.com/blogvoices.php?Cheney%20Impeachment%3F
Add this text to your own email and blog signatures!

Why has impeachment been cleared off the table?   They let everyone talk about
the fact that there were no weapons of mass destruction, because almost
everyone knows that.  They print our letters insisting that our soldiers come
home, because they know that that debate can go on and on and permit them to
procrastinate withdrawal with arguments about having to fix the Iraq that they
broke and predictions of bloodbaths.  They let us ardently chase our tails in
public, giving us the false sense that we still have freedom of speech, but
they will not allow us the latitude to discuss the I-word.  Impeachment could
bring their bloody game to a crashing halt.  It has teeth.  It isn't an endless
argument about an endless war, it is a process that could put on the brakes of
this runaway fright train and call them to account.  There is no wiggle room in
impeachment.  That is why they are taking impeachment very seriously and doing
all that is necessary to shut us up.

Most people or someone they dearly love have a skeleton in their closet,
something they don't want anyone else to know about.  Unfortunately, our
phones, e-mails, etc. are no longer secure and have been compromised for longer
than we think.  Anything we've written or said can and will be used against us.
 In other words, if one has a skeleton in their closet, it is also hanging in
an armoire in an undisclosed location, to be used as leverage if the need
arises.

This may be why people, who used to be advocating for impeachment, are
mysteriously backing down.

They are caught between a rock and a hard place.  They could continue to work
to impeach Bush/Cheney, but if they do, they or someone they dearly love could
be completely disgraced and lose their position in life.  Anyone who dares to
run for office or be in a position of prominence must be squeaky clean.  They
can not give in to temptation, and they must deliver themselves from evil.

One must be careful about what one says on the phone, writes in e-mails, and
does.  We live in a new world, and we have to behave accordingly.  We no longer
have any privacy.  They have the data, and they can mine it.  It's like that
Christmas ditty, but instead of Santa Claus coming to town, it's the NSA that
possesses that omniscient power and is making lists.  The motivation behind
them spying on us is a little different from Santa's, who only wants to make
sure he gives toys to good girls and boys.  When they have you on their naughty
list, you get more than coal in your stocking.  You are rendered their puppet.

So, you better watch out,  better not our laws defy, better not propriety
flout, and I'm telling you why, the NSA is coming to town.  They see with whom
you're sleeping, they know when you're a flake, they know if you've been bad or
good, so be good for goodness sake!

Now that we have an inkling why our Congressmen are so ineffective, what should
we do?  We need to unseat officials who have been blackmailed out of doing what
is right.  They are no longer able to do their jobs.  Period.  It's time for
them to go.

And in order for our democracy to work, we must respect each other's right to
privacy.  We must not pry into the lives of others.  We all should be allowed
to have a little space and not be interrogated or spied upon and laid wide open
for the world to see.  No one has the right to demand a confession from anyone
else.  Such behavior is abhorrent.  The act of prying and spying and seeking
information that is no one else's business is often far worse than any
transgression this interrogation can yield.

We need to tell our government and anyone who tries to invade our privacy, to
mind their own business and leave us alone.  Our forefathers guaranteed us
these rights and many have fought and died for us to feel the comfort they
afford, and we must not allow ourselves to be made to suffer the humiliation of
being questioned and "strip searched" on the streets and in our own homes by
small minded snoops and gossips, who do not even begin to comprehend the U.S.
Constitution.  We need to tell them to bug off, literally.

The ones we should really be investigating, who are causing hundreds of
thousands to die and be maimed for their lies, are instead investigating us to
dig up dirt with which to silence us and get us out of the way.  We must be
vigilant and strong and not let these peeping dogs lie us into any more wars.
We start by getting the bloodhounds off our scent and electing leaders who are
in the position to put impeachment back on the table, right where it belongs.