Highlander Future Unclear
http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=0&id=44391

Adrian Paul, who played the immortal Scottish swordsman Duncan MacLeod
in the Highlander television series, told SCI FI Wire that the future of
the franchise is complicated by the recent death of longtime producer
William Panzer. Paul starred in and co-executive-produced the most
recent telefilm in the franchise, the SCI FI original movie Highlander:
The Source.

"Bill died this year, and so I don't know what [Panzer's partner] Peter
Davis is going to do with the franchise," Paul said in an interview. "I
have heard, kind of through the industry, people say, 'Oh, it's a great
franchise. It should be revamped. Somebody should buy it, blah, blah,
blah.' I have no idea. I don't know what's going to happen with that.
Peter and Bill had two different parts of the franchise. Bill was the
creative guy, if you like, and Peter was the financier, in a sense. So
they had two [different] strengths, and I don't know now what Peter will
do with the franchise itself."

Even if Highlander were to return, there's no guarantee that Paul would
reprise the central character. Asked about it, Paul replied "Don't know"
several times. And what if Davis invited Paul to assume the creative end
from Panzer? "Maybe," Paul said, laughing. "I'm not sure. I'm not sure.
There are a lot of factors that need to be taken into consideration. I
have a lot of things going now, and I'd really like to produce some
other stuff. They do have an animated series that they're about to
launch, which lends it to a younger [audience]."

Paul added: "That's what The Source was all about originally, the fact
that there is, hopefully, a younger immortal eventually going to be
taking over the reins, if you like. So that's where I think they would
possibly go with it, so I don't know if me getting involved would work."
—Ian Spelling