I think you're touching on to something that I'm a little afraid of with the
next Star Trek movie. Recently, I've noticed that certain
directors/producers seem to hire production designers/stylists/line
producers that have issues with feminine looking women. Abrams, for example,
has only had one "girly" looking female in anything he's been involved in,
and that was the blonde from Lost Season 1. I didn't know Jen Garner was
attractive until She was Elektra.

I think NBC saw the shows YOU saw, and are trying to promote what she
actually looks like in real life, but on the SHOW....she's nothing to write
home about.

Something  has to  be said/done about this. Someone is out here casting and
styling women to either look like they are oversexed 13-year-olds or like
man-hating drill sergeants in $700 pants. Neither is sexy.

I enjoyed "Transformers", for example, because it looked like it was written
and directed by 12 year old boys. All that was missing was the female lead
running around in a bikini and leather jacket. With glasses and a clipboard.
"Buffy" is a show with WOMEN on it. Women you'd ask out! "Charmed", same
deal. I don't enjoy "Bionic Woman" because it looks like it was also done by
12 years olds...who hate their big sister. The whole first episode was all
about how much  trouble these women were and then they fought  each other.
Jamie is a former soldier.

As for Starbuck, you have fashion experience. You're looking at her clothes.
Her clothes are  great, the choreography is great, but  Starbuck looks
terrible.

The thing that is missing from Bionic Woman that was in the original is that
everybody in THIS show looks like they're doing us a favor. Like they
couldn't be bothered to show up for filming. This show looks so dark I
expect everyone to have British accents. EVERY day is cloudy in this world.