Tracey had written to me off-list via e-mail asking how I am. I
thought that I'd send out a general note. Bottomline: I've been busy
with my work and my blog. At work, I have 2 web site re-designs which
are launching Oct. 16, 2007. So, I'll be flat out 'til then with long
hours in the office. After then, I'll post to SciFiNoir2.

In other news...

I woke last Thursday night at 3:25 am to the sounds of gun-fire
outside my first-floor bedroom window. Boston Police arrived at 3:35
am. Street outside the house next door was littered with shell
casings. Car in front of next door had several bullet holes and shell
casing on it.

Street was taped off and CSI:Boston arrived shortly thereafter and
stayed 'til ~5:15 am. To make a long story short, there was a drive-
by next door probably involving the knuckleheads who live next door.
At least 2 guns were involved and a 9mm slug found its way thru our
living room window and came to rest on the floor in front of my
wife's computer desk. MOre shell casing found by the side door of the
house next door.

Obviously, we are working with neighbors and police to get the
knuckleheads next door out and/or in jail... whichever we can effect
first. Bottomline: my wife and I are okay. No injuries.

CSI:Boston uses little numbered cones just like they do on TV. So we
had some little numbered cones in our condo, too. All of CSI reps
looked like Gil Grissom clones. NONE of them looked like Sarah Sidle,
Catherine Willows, or Sofia Curtis. They wouldn't let us take photos.

As of last night, one person was arrested next door and this person
didn't live next door. Arrested with drug possession with intent to
distribute. Up until this event, our street had been very quiet. A
state rep's/politician's family lives across the street.

George