-------- Original Message --------
Subject:        New Song "Sometimes I Wish I Was White"
Date:   Mon, 26 Nov 2007 15:12:31 -0600
From:   Susan Smith Ross <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To:     The-Vine AKA <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
"[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

*New Controversial Song "Sometimes I Wish I Was White" Stimulates
Discussion About Blacks Frustrated With Injustice*

/Lyrics: "Sometimes I feel, I wish I was white, so I could feel, just
how it feels to be treated right. /

/I'm not ashamed of me. Just one time, I want to see, how it feels to be
treated equally."/

Singer Allen Watty - [Listen To Song] <http://www.allenwatty.com/>

*Washington, DC* (BlackNews.com) - Independent singer Allen Watty has
just taken controversy to another level. Watty is best known as the
singer of the "Hurricane Song", which won rave national reviews from ABC
News, MSNBC.com, and CNN.

Now, he's back with another tune called "Sometimes I Wish I Was White".
In the song, Watty reveals that he's not at all ashamed of being Black -
but that he has learned that you have to be white to be treated 100%
equally.

Producer and songwriter Irvin Lee, comments, "First off, we have no
self-hatred issues. The purpose of this song is not to say that Blacks
should want to be white. Rather, the intent is to make people think and
converse about the continuous mistreatment of Blacks in this country."

He continues, "The song portrays the common frustration that many
African Americans have when it comes to injustice. As mind-blowing and
as absurd as it sounds, in the world that we live in, you have to
entertain the concept of being white in order to experience true
equality. So, our song is not controversial; the concept of a person
having to be white to be treated right is controversial. When we wrote
this song, we knew the phrase 'I Wish I Was White' would stir up
emotions, and this was intentional to get people to open some new doors
of communication."

After hearing the song, many will indeed conclude that the lyrics in the
song suggests that Watty has self-hatred issues. For others, he will
seem hopeless and desperate; and for still others he will seem like a
man who cannot see that the problem is not his blackness, but his
oppressors.

Whatever direction the discussion goes, it will all boil back to one
thing; Who are we? And how have we come to this place in time and space?
Why are we still being forced to have these discussions surrounding
race? Ultimately, what will the outcome be and how will it all be
resolved, if at all?

Singer Allen Watty and producer Irvin Lee are doing what they do best -
pricking the sensibilities of the American people. And with this tune,
they are certain to prick the sensibilities of the Black community
especially.

Other songs by Watty include the N-Word song, and Run Joe Run (The
Racial Profiling Song).

*To hear and/or download the songs for free, visit:  *www.AllenWatty.com
<http://www.AllenWatty.com>

<*> Your email settings: