Easy for me.

  If her name is Gina, Gabrielle or Nia, there's a dead man on the ground...

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
  Harry Belafonte was in another movie "The World, The Flesh, and the Devil".
In it, he's a miner trapped in a cave in Pennysylvania, who escapes after
several days underground. No one's left alive. He travels to NYC to find it a
literal ghost town (no bodies, just no people). Far as he can tell, he's the
only survivor. Later he finds a white lady who survived, and they become
friends. There's all sorts of issues of the white lady falling in love with
Belafonte, but he can't bring himself to cross the color barrier, having been
subjected to so many years of racist society he just can't bring himself to
really trust the lady. and then when you think he *might* kinda sorta think
about it, another survivor-a white guy-- shows up to become a rival. Belafonte
moves aside to let the white folk get together, but the lady's in love with
him, and in time, the white man decides to kill Belafonte's character. But in
the end the Brother realizes violence isn't the way, and his example
 makes th
e white guy also regret his actions.

The ending sucks: they literally walk away all friendly and stuff, with no
clear understanding of which man won the lady's heart. She wants the black man,
the white guy was ready to kill same for the lady, but the Brother is better
than that. Hence, the "they lived happily ever after" ending. The idea is that
in the end race doesn't matter, that good and evil, violence, etc., exist in
all of us.

Which, if you think about it--two men, one woman--could conjure up all sorts of
freaky future scenarios!

From: Astromancer
I have a question: Was Harry Belafonte in the 1964 version? If not, there's
possibly a fifth version of that story floating around...

Martin wrote: I have, Keith. It was on TCM during Hallowe'en week. Not bad,
really, but I didn't see it from the start, so I came out thrown by the ending.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote: I'll check it out because i'm a sucker for scifi
films. Tired of Will Smith getting so many "blockbuster" roles, but won't keep
me from seeing it. I'm curious as to how it will compare to Charleton Heston's
"The Omega Man", which I enjoyed. I'm *really* curious to see if, given modern
studios' desires to give the people what they want, and Will Smith's
popularity, the movie will end the same way as the book and the previous two
movies?

Speaking of movies, i've never seen the Vincent Price version, "The Last Man on
Earth". I found a quick synopsis below. Evidently book author Matheson didn't
like this one. Anyone ever seen it?

***********************

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Last_Man_on_Earth_%281964_film%29
The Last Man on Earth (originally titled L'Ultimo uomo della Terra) is a 1964
film based upon the Richard Matheson novel I Am Legend. The film was directed
by Ubaldo Ragona and Sidney Salkow, and starred Vincent Price. The script was
written in part by Matheson, but he was dissatisfied with the result and was
therefore credited as "Logan Swanson". William Leicester, Furio M. Monetti, and
Ubaldo Ragona were the other writers.
It was originally filmed in Italy, and was later released theatrically in the
United States by American International Pictures in. It has since fallen into
the public domain. MGM Home Video, the current owners of the AIP film catalog
released a digitally remastered widescreen print in September 2005.

From: "Tracey de Morsella (formerly Tracey L. Minor)"

> I'm a big fans of the old versions of Omega Man and I am Legend. Anyone
> interested in seeing the Will Smith version?

"There is no reason Good can't triumph over Evil, if only angels will get
organized along the lines of the Mafia." -Kurt Vonnegut, "A Man Without A
Country"

"Let’s just saying you know more than you think, but we’re not going to help
you figure it out." - The Side Street Chonicles by C.W. Badie