some spoilers....

yeah, i posted about it last week, when this aired. Last night was a rerun.  i
loved it. Watching all the forces attack the Fire Nation, then lose when the
tables were turned.  You know, they keep finding new ways to show how the
Bending arts work. Did you see the Water Benders use the water to flip the
tanks over?  How about the way Kitara uses water like a whip or sword? And Toth
is the girl! She is the first Earth Bender ever to learn how to bend
metal--something previously though impossible.  This show was almost as good as
the season ender from last season when Azula zapped Ang with lightning while he
was in the Avatar state. Almost...

if you saw last season, you know the Fire Nation was prepared for the attack
because the Earth King, fooled into thinking Azula was on his side, told her of
the solar eclipse and the plan to use it for the attack. Azula came into
Ba-Sing-Se in disguise, pretending to be one of the lady fighters from season
one (the same group from which Socka's love originated). As for the solar
eclipse, Socka discovered the upcoming eclipse in an ancient underground
library that held all the world's knowledge. he tricked the serpent-bird
guardian into getting the info, then spent weeks preparing for the attack.
Azula so intimidated the leader of the Earth King's secret police (which really
runs Ba-Sing-Se, not the king) that the secret police switched allegiance to
her.  They turned on the man who lead them and switched to Azula. Thus, armed
with the knowledge of the invasion, and many Earth Benders (who may be the most
overall powerful of the Benders) Azula had  the Fire Nation ready for the att
ack.

Loved this show! Did you see Azula evade Ang while she was de-powered? That
girl is amazing. Evil, but amazing.  Azula is one of the best fighters around.
Period. She is possibly only equaled or surpassed by her Uncle Iro (when she
tried to zap her brother, Iro was actually able to reroute the lightning), her
father the Fire Lord, and possibly, her brother, who seems to be finding his
courage and confidence. Speaking of, did you see when Zuko confronted the Fire
Lord, and *he* deflected his dad's lightning? Awesome!  Iro is probably my
favorite character. He is tragic and noble and funny, and has grown. You
learned there was something different about Iro when he told the Fire Lord
general that complete elimination of any of hte Bending arts would be a
catastrophe. You got a clue that he alone among the Fire Nation leaders
understood the need for balance, and might have been changing his ideas about
the conquest.

Iro and Zuko have grown in so many ways it's amazing, especially Zuko. all that
anger and frustration, the way he betrayed the Avatar at the end of season two.
(if you haven't seen the last two or three eps of last season, you *must* do
so!) I'm thinking in the end, Zuko will have to confront Azula; and I wonder if
Iro might not be the one to take on his younger brother the Fire Lord instead
of Ang (the Fire Lord usurped the throne when their father died, because Iro
was away sieging Ba-Sing-Se and sick with grief over the death of his son. Iro
is the rightful ruler, but never challenged his brother for the throne).

"Avatar" gets better with every season, which is why i'm so annoyingly
persistent in crowing about it. With iro escaped, Zuko now siding with Ang,
Azula pissed, and Zuko's mother possibly being alive, the intrigues just keep
coming. can't wait for what else is on the horizon....

From: "Tracey de Morsella (formerly Tracey L. Minor)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>