I’ve been reading books on various Palm OS devices for years.

At any given point, I’ve got five or more books in various stages of  being
read on my Treo.  Waiting in line at checkout?  Whip out the Treo and start
reading.  Sitting on the Metro?  Whip out the Treo…

Once I’ve read them, they get deleted from the PDA and I keep a copy in my
electronic library on my shared drive at home.

Also, since I purchase them through eReader - 9 times out of 10, I can
re-download any prior purchase without cost whenever the mood strikes.

Of course, I also have some in PDF version, html, plain text, etc.

I’m guessing I’m not Kindle’s target market.  I look for formats that
conform to my existing devices – not additional gadgetry.  I was excited
beyond belief when my PDA and phone became one – not looking to backslide
here.