after seeing that is when I starting believing in his talent.

--- In scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com, Astromancer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> It started with "Six Degrees Of Seperation" in my humble opinion...
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:  how long before his rep has grown enough
to do that?

> From: Astromancer
> I think Smith has done his research and knows what we know about the
market. He is a smart man, so he is going to put his money into what
sells...maybe later, if he has such a mind to do so, he'll do the
films you talk about...By then, his reputation alone will pull the
audience he need for success...The Happyness film is a quasi-example
of that...

> [...]
> before there was noticeable movement in that area. With two biopics, I
> would include Smith among those people who is seeking to address that
> issue. I also wonder if most African Americans feel that niche is
> being filled with the Black films we see that barely make it to the big
> screen.
>
> I do not see the same type of push in Holly weird (even among Blacks)
> for that type of story. I could be way off base. Is it true, do Black
> in Hollywood not really push for the Black on Black thing? Speaking of
> that..it just hit me...with the exception of McMillan adaptations,
> Angela Bassett is always paired with a white male. I take that back,
> she had a non-existent relationship with the Black guy on Alias. I say
> non-existent, because you did not know about it until they were deep
> into it. Please note: I was moving out of the country at the time, so
> it is possible I missed some episodes that covered when they were
> getting together. If that is the case please let me know
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >
> > Well, that brings us full circle back to my question: why does a man
> > who's pulled in well over a hundred million in up front salary in the
> > last few years not take a stand and fight for a Black woman as his
> > love interest in a film?

> > From: Bosco Bosco >
> > Will Smith actually owns his own production company Overbrook
> > Entertainment. I think he pretty much does whatever he wants to at
> > this point.
> >
> > This is from the IMDB:
> >
> > "Graduate of Philly's legendary Overbrook High School, whose alumni
> > include Wilt Chamberlain, Hal Lear, Wali Jones, Walt Hazzard, The
> > Dovells, The Orlons, DeeDee Sharp, etc. and in tribute to his student
> > years there, his production company is called Overbrook
> > Entertainment."
> >
> > The company produce the following movies:
> >
> > Ali, Showtime, I-Robot, Hitch, Saving Face, ATL, and Pursuit of
> > Happiness.
> >
> > Bosco
> > --- "Tracey de Morsella (formerly Tracey L. Minor)"
> >
> > > Agreed. Most at his level have made just that move, but for some
> > > reason
> > > (perhaps kids as you suggest) Smith hasn't taken the plunge. If he
> > >
> > > does, it will be interesting to see what he does.

> > > want,
> > > something

> > > Luck) or
> > > believed

> > > that
> > > with a
> > > guess
> > > a love
> > > maybe he

> > I got friends who are in prison and Friends who are dead.
> > I'm gonna tell ya something that I've often said.
> >
> > You know these things that happen,
> > That's just the way it's supposed to be.
> > And I can't help but wonder,
> > Don't ya know it coulda been me.

> "Akin, but no matter what you think, I am concerned for your life,
so I'll only say this once; if you talk too much or ask too many
questions, you might say something that interests the Community, and
you really, really don't want to get them interested." - The Side
Street Chonicles by C.W. Badie