The following are the movies i saw over the holiday.

28 Weeks Later  -  I'm not a zombie movie fan, but 28 days later was
quickly converting me.  I saw that as a soon to be classic.  @8 weeks
later lost me with the scores of thoughtless plotholes and the Rumsfeld
like management of the US military

First Snow - I really wanted to like this.  It was co-written by by the
screenwriter of Childrren of Men.  After watching this, I'm an even
bigger fan of Alfonso CuarĂ³n, because this script with its almost
unlikeable hero totally lost me.  Where as Children of men villians were
even likable

Night Watch - After hearing the recommendations made by the group.  I
rented both Nightwatch and Daywatch.   I sometimes like movies simply
because they are different.  I think Nightwatch falls into that
category.  I felt like I watch getting a true glimpse into Russian
culture.  However, I thought this was a bad movie       jumbling up every
speculative fiction movie cliche into a somewhat jumbled mess.  I feel
so uncool  :(  with so many on the list liking it. If possible, it had
even more plotholes than 28 weeks

Day Watch - I felt this was better made then its predecessor.
Unfortunately, I caught a really nasty cold and fell asleep during some
of it.  When I woke up, I was still able to follow it

Stardust - I was surprised that I enjoyed this tongue in cheek fantasy
with cross-dressing pirates and sex on the first date princess.   It was
a fun ride

The Invisible    - I enjoyed this, but from commentary I read about the
swedish book it was adapted from the ending which was unexplained made
the hero, his mom and hospital staff seem cold and unfeeling.  It also
left you not understanding the actions of the "villian" at the end.  So
finish the movie thinking WTF?!?!

The Bourne Ultimatum  -  I loved both Bourne 1 and 2 almost equal.
Watch them was like eating  two great flavors of my favorite upscale ice
cream.  While Bourne 3 did not disappoint with the cast and storyline, I
was not as fired up.  I can not tell you why.  I did enjoy it though
and Damon says he's up for Bourne 4.  I will problaby be there

Powerpuff Girls Christmas  - Brent Wodehouse has been raving about these
girls for Years.  Since my four year old daughter was starting to get
into Batman and Superman, I though I find yer a female superhero and see
what Brent was raving about.  Well she resisted, but from the intro song
they had her.  Now shes flying around making specil effects noises
telling anyone who will listen that she is a power puff girl.  I'm not
in love with them like Brent is, but I do like them and enjoy the effect
of her.  Being a good girl seemed more important after being introduced
to her and Angelica on the Rugrats.  She loves singing the Powever Puff
Girls rap song

Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End- It Did not have the magic of
the first Pirates movies, but it was a great improvement over the second
Pirat Movie.  I enjoyed it

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: