I've seen a debate a few months ago where either Russert or Blitzer did
the same.  Edwards, apologized and said he was previously unaware of it
and that it would not happen again.  He made it like it was an
aberration in the portfolio, not a specialty.  I did not quite believe
him the first time this issue was raised.  Hearing that it is a company
specialty tells that it is probable that Edwards did know.  I still do
not think Edwards is the worst of the bunch, but the revelation that
this major conflict of interest is bigger than previously portrayed and
that he is using the same talking point that he has used in the past,
does not alleviate me of my reservations about him.  Romney is the prime
example of smoke and mirrors.  Remember his hunting varmint - rats and
things debacle.  he is such a joke