Boy did I miss a lot....Curse Comcrap!

Martin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:          Tracey, maybe it was just obvious to
me (I've since had a few chats with people in BG groups about this), but
Billy's mannerisms were always a little on the quirky side to me. Something
about him just read wonky to me. At times, he was so youthful and naive, and at
times so wise beyond his years. Yes, that could've been the way his character
was written. Again, just my read on him. Can't really explain what's in my gut.

"Tracey de Morsella (formerly Tracey L. Minor)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: I
like how the president is written on Gallactica. What was obvious
about the Presidents's assistant being a cylon?

Martin wrote:
> The women of Galactica were cetainly more realistic than those on The V-Word
> Show, but I wasn't terribly enamored of any of them. Starbuck- I know a
> couple of female pilots, and both of them have many of Kara's qualities.
> Boomer never moved me. She jsut seemed to detached from the world to be a
> viable character. Admiral Forbes was also fairly realistic, but her ruthless
> tactics (admired by a great many Republicans in the Skiffy forum) really put
> me off. I can't see any flag-officer being so willing to sacrifice allied
> civilian lives in the name of winning a war. Cally was- *meh*. Take her or
> leave her. Tori, Roslin's second assistant, was a great character until the
> S3 finale. It was readliy obvious that "the President's assistant" was always
> meant to be a Cylon, and the departure of the actor who played billy simply
> stuck Tori's character with that job. Didn't fit together.
>
> Madame President...do you think we can get her on the '08 ballot?
>
> "Tracey de Morsella (formerly Tracey L. Minor)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I grow up wanting to be Uhura, so she will always be a fave, but top of
> my list are Jadzia, Kira, Ro and sometimes Janeway - What can I say. I
> know the character was erratic, but Girlfriend had some big balls. I
> think Troi and the red-headed doctor definitively had potential for
> bigger and better things. I do not think in the 60s they were capable
> of giving Uhura more depth. Most of the women in that series seem to be
> simply plot devices. Most were obsessed with their looks and seeking
> reassurance in time of crisis's. The empowered ones always seemed
> terribly conflicted and often died or went mad.
>
> What are your thoughts about the women of Galactica? I would ask you
> about the women of Stargate, but they never develop characters or
> relationships on those shows
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
>> I hear you! I was just thinking about all the regular female characters in
>> the Trek TV universe: Rand, Uhura, Crusher, Troi, Ensign Ro, Jadzia Dax,
>> Nerys, Cassidy Yates, Ezri Dax, Janeway, Torres, Kes, Seven of Nine, T'Pol,
>> Hoshi Sato.
>>
>> You know what's funny? in terms of pure physical, animal instantaneous
>> appeal, Rand, Uhura, Troi, and Seven win it hands down, all being
>> curvaceous, pretty women. But in terms of overall appeal, the women I found
>> most fascinating and attractive, Jadzia is at the top of my list of favorite
>> Trek females, up there with Ensign Ro, Cassidy Yates, and Kira Nerys.
>> Indeed, if pressed Jadzia is probably my overall fav Star Trek female as a
>> complete package: strong, intelligent, capable, as well as attractive. Her
>> or Cassidy Yates (that actress is cute as hell!)
>>
>> Looking at my choices--Ro, Yates, Nerys, Dax--they're all strong women with
>> their own minds, their own career paths, who don't cater to men. They remind
>> me of my wife: strong but beautiful, compassionate, but tough when needed. I
> [...]

"Akin, but no matter what you think, I am concerned for your life, so I’ll only
say this once; if you talk too much or ask too many questions, you might say
something that interests the Community, and you really, really don’t want to
get them interested." - The Side Street Chonicles by C.W. Badie