So gang.  It seems like it is a given that some us go to or rent
movies we pretty much knoware going to be bad.  So lets make it a
confession time and open up about other bad flicks we saw knowing they
were going to to be bad.

I have to think on it, but most recently, I saw Wild Hogs.  Don't kick
me off the list, but I thought the first half was hilarious.  I
watched a really bad one star movie, Cyber Wars also known as Avatar
or  Matrix Hunter.  It starred Joseph Lau, David Warner (Jack the
Ripper, Hog Father), and Joan Chen (twin Peaks) The Plot: In the near
future in the Asian city-state Sintawan, everyone's identity is
recorded in the vast CyberLink. The only way around this is using
illegal simulated identity implants (sims). A young bounty hunter who
makes her living tracking sims, finds herself the unlikely ally of a
police detective who suspects the CyberLink is being perverted for an
insidious and deadly purpose

Okay, your turn

tracey

--- In scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com, Martin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Give 'em time, Tracey.
>
> "Tracey de Morsella (formerly Tracey L. Minor)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
                              I saw it.  It definitely was not theater
worthy, but I think it would be
> [...]
>  >>>  >
>  >>>
>  >>>  > There is a scene in the new Jumper movie (no, I have not seen
>  >>>
>  >> it)
>  >>
>  >>>  >
>  >>>  >  SPOILER
>  >>>  >
>  >>>
>  > ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>  >
>  >>>  >
>  >>>  >  where the hero is watching the aftermath of the Hurricane
>  >>>
>  >> Karina on
>  >>
>  >>>  >  his television. He gets dressed and teleports...to London,
>  >>>
>  >> where he
>  >>
>  >>>  >  has a date. So much for great responsibility coming with
>  >>>
>  > great
>  >
>  >> power!
>  >>
>  >>>  >
>  >>>
>  >> It was right in keeping with how his character was established in
>  >> the movie, although for a moment there I thought he might think of
>  >> using his abilities for good.
>  >>
>  >> Overall, I found the movie pretty good, with one exception.  How
>  >>
>  > the
>  >
>  >> hell did the Paladins continually catch jumpers?  Its one thing if
>  >> you get the drop on one, but if you're standing in FRONT of one who
>  >> is fresh and the jumper sees you and you try to get him with your
>  >> stun-wand, how are you gonna get him?  In less than three minutes,
>  >> my wife and I came up with several ways to use a teleportation
>  >>
>  > power
>  >
>  >> offesinvely (i.e. teleport in a circle around your opponent a la
>  >> Nightcrawer. et. al) and in all of those cases we came up with, no
>  >> normal human would have a chance against a jumper.
>  >>
>  >>
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  > Yahoo! Groups Links
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >

>  [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>

> "There is no reason Good can't triumph over Evil, if only angels
will get organized along the lines of the Mafia." -Kurt Vonnegut, "A
Man Without A Country"