In a message dated 2/24/2008 10:39:27 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

looking at what I wrote i don't see one thing in my review that deems this a
"guy's show".  The "family dynamic" deals with--families. Husbands and wives,
daughters and daughters-in-low, brothers and sisters.  Women are very central
to this show. I'm not getting where you draw that conclusion.

You are right. It is just rare for a guy to talk about more than action.

And i really don't understand the survivalist thing either: this is more than
just a bunch of nuts out in the woods running around, this is about the
survival of real cities. As i stated, this is about how *any* of us would react
if--some might say when--this happened to us.
That is what I am talking about. The dynamics of people when in a"end of the
world situation" usually has guys as the central characters.

somehow you seem to have gleaned from all i wrote only that it's some
high-action paramilitary survivalist series that appeals to guys.
I got it from the previews that CBS always shows. They always show action
shots. They never show the emotional part of the story.

If I conveyed that impression from my words, then mea culpa. It's way more
than that. It's ce
rtainly not a "big mess".
" A big mess "  =some many different themes going on at once.

And like I said, maybe the superficial description of the plots seems obvious
and cliched, but as I said, how it's put together is anything but.    You
just may not like it, but i think that's personal preference. It is definitely
way more than a dumb guy's show focused on nothing but survivalists and
fighting.
Mayb I should watch it. The preview for the show had a man from Wyoming
coming in and taking over.  That is why I thought it as a man show.

2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)