This is SyFyPortal talking, so I take this with roughly the same caution I take
words from The Sun. The "Tennant's leaving" bit is close to a year old now, and
he doesn't even deny the possibility anymore. DW can survive without him.  As
for Torchwood without Barrowman, I doubt it would fly. The show's invested too
much of its identity into Captain Jack.

"Tracey de Morsella (formerly Tracey L. Minor)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
                         I'm sure i will adapt, but it seems to me that they
built the show
 around  Harkness.  Barrowman is a hard act to follow.  As much as I like
 Martha Jones, I believe the show that is left will be a shell of what it
 was .  It is too bad.  I think the new season is much better than the
 first season.

 ravenadal wrote:
 > As someone who thinks Naoko Mori is hot and Captain Harkness is a
 > hoot, suspenders and all, I am not at all excited by this news.
 >
 > ~(no)rave!
 >
 > --- In scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com, "Tracey de Morsella (formerly
 > Tracey L. Minor)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
 >
 >> By MICHAEL HINMAN
 >> Source: Sci Fi Pulse
 >> Mar-04-2008
 >>
 >> This story contains possible MAJOR SPOILERS for upcoming seasons of
 >> "Doctor Who" and "Torchwood." This story also contains rumors that
 >>
 > have
 >
 >> not been independently corroborated by SyFy Portal, so treat them
 >>
 > as you
 >
 >> would any rumor.
 >>
 >> Like "Torchwood" the way it is now? Like its original source show,
 >> "Doctor Who"? Well get ready for some changes.
 >>
 >> Despite the fact that "Doctor Who" and "Torchwood" remain two of
 >>
 > the
 >
 >> most-watched scripted programs on British television, it appears
 >>
 > that
 >
 >> BBC is getting ready to make some wholesale changes to both shows,
 >> including the replacement of both stars.
 >>
 >> According to "Dr. Phibes," a source for British genre site Sci-Fi
 >>
 > Pulse,
 >
 >> both David Tennant and John Barrowman are set to leave their
 >>
 > respective
 >
 >> programs, along with a number of other cast members.
 >>
 >> Tennant, who is about to premiere in the show's fourth season on
 >>
 > BBC
 >
 >> later this spring, will apparently work through the 2009 specials
 >> leading up to the annual Christmas episode, where he will
 >>
 > regenerate and
 >
 >> be replaced by another actor.
 >>
 >> According to Sci-Fi Pulse, filming for the "Doctor Who" specials in
 >>
 > 2009
 >
 >> is already under way, with a wrap planned for as early as the end
 >>
 > of
 >
 >> this month. While Carlyle is not signed to play the role as the
 >>
 > 11th
 >
 >> Doctor, Dr. Phibes says that the BBC is in negotiations to sign the
 >>
 > actor.
 >
 >> It won't just be "Doctor Who" getting a makeover, however. Remember
 >>
 > that
 >
 >> experiment BBC Two was doing where it was watering down episodes of
 >> "Torchwood" to make it more family friendly? If Dr. Phibes is
 >>
 > correct,
 >
 >> then it seems that they were warming up audiences to a new version
 >>
 > of
 >
 >> the show which will launch in the third season. So far, only five
 >> episodes have been commissioned out of the standard 13, and gone
 >>
 > are
 >
 >> actors Burn Gorman (Owen Harper), Naoko Mori (Toshiko Sato) and
 >>
 > Capt.
 >
 >> Jack Harkness' John Barrowman. In, however, is former "Doctor Who"
 >> companion Freema Agyeman, who will join the show full-time in
 >>
 > Season 3.

> [...]

"There is no reason Good can't triumph over Evil, if only angels will get
organized along the lines of the Mafia." -Kurt Vonnegut, "A Man Without A
Country"