The magic of season one did not have the magic of Season Two.  I hope
they rediscover the magic of season one with the new season

Eureka Strikes Gold with Season 3
When will the new season air?
by Scott Collura
http://tv.ign.com/articles/861/861654p1.html
March 25, 2008 - The SCI FI Channel's whimsical comedy/drama Eureka has
already had two seasons of episodes air since its debut in the summer of
2006, which is a relatively speedy run compared to how the network
unrolls some of its other series. And while a third season of the show
has been ordered by SCI FI, the recent Writers Guild strike has impacted
the timing of when the new batch of shows will be produced. IGN TV
recently caught up with series star Joe Morton to discuss the status of
Eureka and get the lowdown on the whens, wheres, and how-manys to expect
from Season 3.

"I actually don't know," the actor told us when asked what his character
Henry Deacon will be up to in Season 3. "Because the strike sort of
happened the way it happened, the writers have just gotten back to work.
So I have no idea what's going to happen. There're all kinds of things
that I could imagine. I'd love him to get involved in space exploration.
I'd love for him to get involved with politics. I'd love to get him
involved with a sort of global idea about how we can make the planet a
better place. I'd love for the science fiction to become a greater
metaphor for what's kind of going on in the real world today."

The good news to come out of the strike, says Morton, is that the show
has gotten an increase in the number of episodes greenlit for production.

"We were supposed to start in March; now we'll start in May," he says.
"We will still go on air in July, from what I understand. I know there
is now an order, instead of the usual 13, of 21 [episodes]. But I don't
know how that's going to split up, whether it will be just for the third
year or it will be the third and fourth year. But I do know that strike
sort of hit us in a hard way in terms of when we would start."

Morton says that he enjoys the lighter tone of his show when compared to
other SCI FI staples like the dark Battlestar Galactica, though he isn't
concerned that Eureka is in danger of ever becoming too lightweight.

"I don't think it will, one because of the actors that are involved and
two because of the writers that are involved," he says. "To further
become a sitcom or even just a murder mystery is not what this thing is
going to turn into."

Additionally, now that Galactica is heading towards its finale and SCI
FI is down to just one Stargate series (for the moment), Morton believes
the network is beginning to rely on Eureka as a flagship series more and
more.

"I think for the time being," says the actor. "We seem to be the number
one show on the network. For as long as that will be, fine. That's who
we are. You know, but we're a show on a television network. We'll see
what happens!"

Morton, who has been doing sci-fi films and TV for decades now, is
perhaps most recognizable for his portrayal of the creator of the
Terminators, Miles Dyson, in Terminator 2: Judgment Day. As such, we
couldn't help but geekily ask him if he's tuned into the new Terminator:
The Sarah Connor Chronicles show, which has featured his character's
wife (and his tombstone)! He hasn't seen the show, but he was delighted
to hear that Mrs. Dyson is alive and well…

"Oh, really? That's great," he laughs. "Because actually, when we did
the movie, one of the first things I thought of was there's this woman
and my son, who we kind of left and who don't know what happened. So
that's great!"