Somehow I missed this on Thursday. It's funny, now that Star Trek is no
longer an issue, all sorts of things can be done in Science fiction
television. I hope they can do the same for this as BBC has done for Dr.
Who.

Daryle

On Thu, 24 Apr 2008 14:01:45 -0400, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Blake's 7 poised for Sky comeback
> A new remake of sci-fi series Blake's 7 could soon return to television
> screens, Sky One has revealed.
> The satellite channel has given the green light for the development of
> two
> 60-minute scripts for a "potential event series".
> Blake's 7, which originally ran on BBC One between 1978 and 1981,
> followed a
> gang of rebels fighting an evil federation that ruled the galaxy.
> It is not yet known if and when production on the series will begin.
> "The time is ripe for a revival of a show that represents the best
> traditions
> of the genre, not to mention one of the best-loved and most successful
> dramas
> of all time," Elaine Pyke, commissioning editor for drama at Sky One,
> Two and
> Three, said.
> Sky is working alongside Blake's 7 Productions, a subsidiary of Blake's 7
> Media who owns the licence to the show.
> The planned new episodes would follow recent re-workings of other sci-fi
> shows Doctor Who, Battlestar Galactica and Bionic Woman.
> The original Blake's 7 series featured Gareth Thomas as lead character
> Roj
> Blake and Paul Darrow as cynical-but-charming computer fraudster Kerr
> Avon.
> In 2003 Darrow was involved in plans to make a new TV mini-series, but it
> fell through.
> A series of Blake's 7 radio dramas featuring Colin Salmon and Daniela
> Nardini
> were broadcast last year on BBC7.
>

> **************Need a new ride? Check out the largest site for U.S. used
> car
> listings at AOL Autos.
> (http://autos.aol.com/used?NCID=aolcmp00300000002851)

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking as we used
when we created them." -- Albert Einstein

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: