From: scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, May 18, 2008 7:53 AM
To: scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [scifinoir2] Re: `Star Wars' kid Abrams aims to reinvent `Trek'
world

ha-ha! You definitely need to get a job as a writer on a comedy show. Is
"Saturday Night Live" hiring?

From: Martin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Keith, please...morning is *not* a good time to be screaming in horror at
words on one's computer screen...

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote: Wha'?! No toupee-wearing-building jumping
T.J. Hooker? Not a fan of the classic flick "Kingdom of the Spiders"? Don't
you love Denny Crane on "Boston Legal"? How about the Priceline commerials?

From: Astromancer
Honestly (going to stand behind a heavy door) I really don't like watching
anything done by or starring William Sh*tner...Beyond Kirk, the man has no
appeal to me...

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote: Like someone said--Rave or Daryle, I
believe--it wasn't awful. It would have been a decent two-part TV show. But
it never rose to the level of quality and action that one would expect from
a film. I mean, jokes about Worf developing a pimple? Troi asking Beverly if
her boobs were getting firmer?? What kind of epic film dialogue is that? I
groaned when I heard that. Bad enough when some actors in ensemble casts
don't get much to do, but that?? Almost as bad as the embarrassing scene in
the Shatner-directed train wreck "The Final Frontier" with Sulu and Chekov.
Toward the end of the film, there's this muscular, well-endowed Klingon lady
who struts across the screen. Chekov and Sulua are following her like a
couple of teenagers, and Chekov says "Nice muscles". It was like something
out of vaudeville--bad vaudeville. Demeaning those characters with that
silliness was the icing on a very foul-tasting cake.

From: Astromancer
Now wait a minute...I liked Insurrection...

Tracey de Morsella wrote: As I said before, never mind...... YUK!